Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Song for Second Marraige

Hi I am almost 60 and my father, God Bless him is 94.  I was lucky enough to find a wonderful man to whom I hope to spend the rest of my life.  I was married for over 30 years and then divorced.  My dad will be walking me down the aisle (again) and I am looking for an appropriate father and daugher dance. All the usual songs are for first time brides.  This may sound weird to a lot of you but it is really giving me a lot of anxiousness.  Any suggestions?  Pat

Re: Father Daughter Song for Second Marraige

• edited December 2011
    I would do something maybe from your father's generation or a song he would like. I'm sure there are songs that just talk about happiness or love in general! It doesn't have to be about father/daugthers perse.

lorio-ross-entertainment.blogspot.com
  • nabruzzonabruzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am agetting married for the second time and my husband to be has three girls and wants to dance with all three.  any one have a suggestion for a song.

Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    My Fiancee will be dancing with my four girls and our daughter to my wish by rascal flatts. 
  • edited December 2011
     I have found the best song for the Father Daughter dance! It is called "What I Want You to Know" by JKD. It's on iTunes.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/what-i-want-you-to-know-single/id468474106

It sounds like Eric Clapton/John Lennon like, so its good for all generations to listen too, but the best part are the lyrics!! So heartfelt and perfect! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards