Hawaii

Flip flops for guests

I thought it might be a cute idea to have flip flops for the guests.. Specifically , the ladies. Either hand out in welcome bags or place in basket at ceremony. They could be used as beach shoes, dancing, whatever when their feet get tired and sore. Any suggestions on wear to purchase?
Ps.. We are getting married at Loulu palms so the wedding is on the grass but facing beach. Reception to follow on property.

I did look at j. Crew. They are reasonable but not a lot of options

Re: Flip flops for guests

• edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://maui.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_flip-flops-for-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:638587c5-d53f-4381-b154-775c8a5c3f95Post:083352e3-776b-4b4e-9f86-ac9b7eee8294">Flip flops for guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it might be a cute idea to have flip flops for the guests.. Specifically , the ladies. Either hand out in welcome bags or place in basket at ceremony. They could be used as beach shoes, dancing, whatever when their feet get tired and sore. Any suggestions on wear to purchase? Ps.. We are getting married at Loulu palms so the wedding is on the grass but facing beach. Reception to follow on property. I did look at j. Crew. They are reasonable but not a lot of options
    Posted by Mleach28[/QUOTE]

If you want a cheaper more standard option than J.Crew, I looked at Old Navy online they were like $1.50/pair, pretty cheap or if you are in Maui, the Kmart there has lots of stuff like that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_flip-flops-for-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:638587c5-d53f-4381-b154-775c8a5c3f95Post:475eb5ee-07e2-47e4-9c91-d5985ecf7405">Re: Flip flops for guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Flip flops for guests : If you want a cheaper more standard option than J.Crew, I looked at Old Navy online they were like $1.50/pair, pretty cheap or if you are in Maui, the Kmart there has lots of stuff like that.
    Posted by hdhorn[/QUOTE]

Thank u! Much cheaper ! I appreciate the help!
  • I just kept an eye out for sales at Old Navy and Kohl's (they actually shipped to HI for free!). Spent around $1.50 per pair. If you want a certain color or design then it might be a little harder. I probably had about 50-60 pairs (all random colors/sizes), (200 guests total), and I think I came home with only 3-4 pairs! I just put them in a basket at the reception with a sign "Dancing Shoes" and some other little quote.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, the Old Navy ones were the cheapest I found. I think so people have them to change into for the party having them in a basket at the reception is a great choice (and will make for cute pics of people wearing them there). People may not want to carry them to the reception if they get them in the welcome bags. Good luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards