Favors
Options

italian almonds

has anyone done the italian tradition of the sugar covered almonds??? any tips or ideas for packaging??
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>

Re: italian almonds

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think we are doing them, even though I am Italian. You can put them in the little sachet bags and tie them with ribbon in your wedding colors or you could put some in a dish on your cake table, which is what I have also seen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom and I were just talking about them earlier today. We were thinking of ordering small sachet bags in my wedding colors and putting them on the table for guests to take home. The other option would be to have them on the table where guests could eat them throughout the night. But in all honesty, I would much rather have them in bags. That way they are focused on the food that my fiance and I have chosen.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to offend, but I've heard a lot about people disliking the jordan almonds (if thats what your talking about). So make sure if you do use them you buy them from somewhere where they are fresh and not the local craftstore
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep, not really a fan.  I picked up the favor tins at Michael's, you get 30 for $19.99 and they come with the printable tags and you can go on wilton and get templates.  We're doing hard candies with breath mints and having them at the table for guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people are not fans of Jordan Almonds. However, in a lot ot italian families (mine included) they are tradition to give to your guests. Which is why I'll be doing mine in addition to favors in case people do not like them. To avoid them being stale you can order them direct sometimes through italian deli's.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards