Florida-Central Florida

Chairs! RENT or Just go with what the Venue provides??? HELP!

Hi everyone, I am having a big debate about wether I should get chair covers, rent chairs or just go with the chairs the place provide. I really don't want to expend the money but it seens like everything will look so much better with some different ones. 
What do you guys think on these chairs?? My linnens will be white and my colors and Yellow and Gray.... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chairs! RENT or Just go with what the Venue provides??? HELP!

• Those chairs actually aren't bad. They are a pretty nutral color and light so they probably wont stand out that much with white table clothes. I personally don't like the look of chair covers and Chivari chairs can be $7 a piece! If its in your budget rent the chairs, if it's not...they are just chairs people put their behinds in them lol.

I'm totally understand your concern though I'm depating the same with my chairs.
  • I agree with PP. These don't look bad. It could be worse, the chairs at my venue are this hideous blue color! I think you could get away without using covers!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • TBH I think those chairs are awful. I would figure a way to dress em up if its in the budget. But if its not in the budget they are only chairs.
  • I don't think they're bad. Ours were scuffed up brown folding chairs. Undecided We found that renting chairs and having them set up was cheaper than renting chair covers with sashes and having them put on.
  • They aren't too bad....our ceremony is outside and the provide green plastic chairs....however we can use the banquet charis and just cover them for $5 a piece, which doesn't sound bad, but once you add up how many chairs you will need =$$$. 

If it's not in your budget don't worry about it...can you honestly recall the chairs from the last wedding you went to??  I can't...and they probably looked like those!!

• I actually can recall the chairs from the last wedding I went to....and they were horrible.  Honestly, those chairs are not my style at all and I wouldn't want them at my wedding.  We are doing chair covers all the way.  But just like another poster said, chair covers are not her style.  So you have to go with what you and your fiance like and keep your budget in mind.  Dont rent chairs or chair covers to impress other people, but if they will make you happy and you think they will make the room better....then try to find a way to make it work.  if its absolutely NOT in the budget, then let it go....its only chairs and there are other WAY more important elements.

Some people think the chairs are fine, others think the chairs are horrible.  Decide what you think and what goes with your budget.  My only advice is this....I don't think you'll regret the chair covers because from your initial post, it seems like you really dont like the chairs and think that dressing them up a bit would really improve the whole ambiance!  Good luck!
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been to weddings of friends who told me their wedding was $20k+ and they had conference room chairs like that and it's sad to say but that is mostly what I remember about their wedding decor. It may sound silly but I guess I remembered it years later because it was just surprising they didn't dress the chairs up some way when they put so much money and effort into the rest of the decor.

If it's not in your budget maybe you could just put bows around each of them or do some type of chair topper? I've seen things like that on pinterest, on chivari chairs mostly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards