Christian Weddings

wedding night horror

So i have read the wedding night blog adn am aware that many of us are waiting for that special day! but as im calculating things, it looks like i will be having my period around that time.  Any suggestions?  i would be horrified of waiting for this special evening and being disappointed. 

Re: wedding night horror

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-night-horror?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:842130b7-ec1c-4d02-a10f-ee38cab7ab83Post:62b13bec-1432-430d-976c-6bbc2df1d8eb">wedding night horror</a>:
    [QUOTE]So i have read the wedding night blog adn am aware that many of us are waiting for that special day! but as im calculating things, it looks like i will be having my period around that time.  Any suggestions?  i would be horrified of waiting for this special evening and being disappointed. 
    Posted by NINA1110[/QUOTE]

Well, part of it depends on what your views on horomonal Birth Control are.  FI and I won't be using it, so if that happens, we'll just have to figure that out down the road.  If you're going to use a pill or patch (not sure about feasibility with IUDs, NuvaRing, or the shots), you can talk with your doctor about timing the "placebo," "reminder," or patch-free week either before the wedding or after the honeymoon. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-night-horror?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:842130b7-ec1c-4d02-a10f-ee38cab7ab83Post:9903cbcc-df2a-485a-9507-c06f59d8f334">Re: wedding night horror</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to wedding night horror : Well, part of it depends on what your views on horomonal Birth Control are.  FI and I won't be using it, so if that happens, we'll just have to figure that out down the road.  If you're going to use a pill or patch (not sure about feasibility with IUDs, NuvaRing, or the shots), you can talk with your doctor about timing the "placebo," "reminder," or patch-free week either before the wedding or after the honeymoon. 
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

Same. I'm not using Hormonal Birth Control bc the women in my family have a history of breast/ovarian cancer related to BC. I was worried about getting the big P on that day, but I shared that "horror" with my FI, and he assured me that we would either wait, or do it in the shower if I'm not too uncomfortable. I would express your concern first to your Dr about this and discuss options with him/her first! If you opt out of hormonal BC, I would express you feelings to your FI. Chances are he will be dissappointed but he will understand because of how much he loves you.  Lots of couples wait and don't have sex on the very first night together. Don't let it get you down -- there are so many moments you will share with your husband after that, the first time will be so special it won't matter if it happens that night, the next morning... the first day of the HMoon, etc.
  • HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a way you can induce your period.  One of my co-workers gave me some parsley tea to drink and I got my period that day.  It is supposed to soften your cervix so your period can come weeks earlier. That's what I would recommend if you just want to avoid having your period on your wedding night. 
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    From what i hear most people do not even have sex on wedding night because they are just too tired.. most often it is the morning after.. i think a few more days won't hurt.. besides u get to do so much more now that you are married....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    like PP depends on your beliefs on HBC. I am against it but am currently on it due to medical reasons (still need to talk to the OB/GYN about what to do...) but at the moment I plan on trying to work it out so my period comes a week or so before the wedding, then off for good once we're married.

I'm curious about the parsley tea! never heard of that.

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely talk to your doctor about this situation. I never heard of parsley tea but that would make for a good question for your doctor. If you haven't talked to your fiance about this then I would do that too.

It is true that some people are so exhausted from the wedding that they wait until the next day to do anything. Just breath. It will be ok no matter what happens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • faith12186faith12186 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel because according to my calculations I will be on my P for the wedding and during part of the honeymoon. I am against BC but I decided to try it without talking to FI. I took the 1st pill on the 1st day and flushed the rest down the toilet. After talking to FI he reassured me that if it happened during that time then it would just have to happen. I am going to look into that parsley tea thought. I hoped that with all of the stress of the wedding it would cause my cycle to be different. We'll see how things go 
    Mrs. Married Lady
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really ever post here, just lurk, but I thought I could offer some advice on this one... I had the exact same problem.  I was supposed to start on our wedding day and continue throughout the honeymoon.

1.  If you're not opposed to birth control pills, go to the doctor and get started on them soon.  He/she will be able to help get your period moved using BC (If you're not already on them... if you are, talk with the doctor about changing which week your period comes)

2.  Stress that comes from the week/weeks before the wedding may move your period or make it come early.  I've heard of this from several people

3.  You can absolutely still be intimate and enjoy discovering each other's bodies without having actual sex.  If you do decide to try it, just lay a towel down on the bed, and you'll be fine. 

We were tired on our wedding night, but we weren't about to not do anything that night!  Just make sure both of you are ont he same page, and talk about if it's okay to just postpone sex for another day if one or both of you is not feeling up to it.  Communication is the key here.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on my last period, it looks like it will arrive on my wedding day and part of my honeymoon as well. I spoke to my FI about it and he is okay with that as it is not my fault, lol. I am not crazy about BC pills. I have never used them and don't think I will start anytime soon. I will just explore any possible options with my doc and look into that parsely tea as I never heard of that either!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, it was going to come eventually anyways, right?!! I'm sorry for the unfortunate timing though.

But, it's not the worst thing in the world. For a few days you'll just have to find other ways to keep yourselves occupied, and there are many other ways to be affectionate in the process. : )
  • KikoLoveAndiKikoLoveAndi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im worried about this too. As it is it mine will come late next week.  I have talked to him some about it and he said we would work something out.  So i guess he isnt squeemish just wanting to make sure im ok.   I may try that parsely tea to see if i can start a day or so sooner just to be safe. Last month i was praying for a week stright to start,  I guess im not the only virgin praying for my period to come fast.   :-/

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well what I did was go to my doctor and get a prescription for Noristherone.  Its more popular in Europe than here..its normally used to treat  endrometriosis and painful periods, but it can also be used to temporarily delay your period.  The physician's assistant had never heard of it, so she only prescribed it to me to be used once a day.  WRONG.  You should take it 3 days before your period, 3 times a day.  After you stop taking it, your period will begin in a few days.  Unfortunately it didn't work for me because the dosage was wrong, but others have great success.  It has the same effects as the birth control pill - but it is not contraception.  Might be just what you need. 

• JAF squaredJAF squared member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,
    I got married almost four months ago.  I actually got an IUD for bc, as well as other heath reasons.  Basically I was on my period from March until August...and I got married in July!  I told my husband before hand that dealing with my period could be an issue...since I had no idea when I would stop.  He said he was okay with that, and we just put down a towel.  Luckally I really slowed down the day of my wedding, if not stopped atleast for the day.  We did make love that night, which made me bleed anyway, so if blood grosses either one of you out, that won't help.  I bled actually from having intercorse for about a week before period started back up (yes I can tell the difference), but that didn't stop us :-).  After though, I was asleep by 7pm, and my new husband was on facebook.  It was a very exhausting day, and we had post wedding activities the day after to attend! 
    It does happen, but does not have to be a big deal.  My suggestions are either put down a dark towel, or try in the shower, and have fun on your honeymoon! 
  • MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-night-horror?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:842130b7-ec1c-4d02-a10f-ee38cab7ab83Post:8a34f7ad-4cf7-42a1-81ed-599c20fd466e">Re: wedding night horror</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's a way you can induce your period.  One of my co-workers gave me some parsley tea to drink and I got my period that day.  It is supposed to soften your cervix so your period can come weeks earlier. That's what I would recommend if you just want to avoid having your period on your wedding night. 
    Posted by HeartOverMind[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of that! That's so crazy! I'll definitely keep that in mind. ;)
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards