Christian Weddings

Monday QOTD

Let's re-introduce and introduce ourselves. We have some new members on the board so lets get to know each other a little better. Tell us what you do, some hobbies you have, how long till you get married, have been married, what DF/DH does, etc. TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• I'm Christina and my fiance is David.  I currently work as an admin assistant covering a mat leave until winter.  I'm hoping my photography business will start to pick up at that time!  David works as an environmental field technician which basically means he does a lot of environmental site assessments, monitoring of test wells, taking samples, etc.
    We met in college and are getting married on Sunday October 28, 2012.  We also just bought our first house and will be spending the weeks until our wedding fixing it up and moving all our stuff in.
  • Hey y'all! My name is Rachel and my fiance's name is Dave. I am currently in my third year of medical school. Third year is the clinical rotation year, so I'm working over 60 hours a week (I pay for that "privilege"). When I have free time, I like to play video games and computer games. I also teach middle school Sunday school with my fiancé and a friend. We're also youth counselors. Dave works in IT, fixing computers. He's currently trying to find a new job because he's unhappy at work.

We are getting married on November 3rd, 2013. It's daylight savings day, so we'll get an extra hour on our wedding day. :-) 
    Anniversary
  • Hey, you can call me MrsBrist. I'd tell you my first name, but then you'd be able to stalk me. ;) DH and I have been married since August 2011. We are both currently students, working part time. I work at a library and I loooove it. DH tutors Navy ROTC kids at his school and also tutors privately. We live very, very frugally and that's how we make ends meet. He graduates in May and we're expecting our first baby in March. It'll be a crazy couple of months at our house. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • My name is Ashley and I am an athletic trainer for a high school (the person who runs out on the field/court when there is an injury). I also work part time for Weight Watchers and Cracker Barrel. DH is a Funeral DIrector for his family's funeral home. We have a 4 month lab puppy name Beaux. Yesterday was our 3 month anniversary. We are enjoying the married life and being mom and dad to Beaux. We will start TTC probably in the spring of 2014.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My name is Leah and currently a full time student at SEBTS (it's a Baptist seminary) in the ungraduate program and I am working on my BA in Christian studies with a history minor. 
    DH's also a student at SEBTS working on his MDiv in Pastoral Studies. is working full time and goes to school part time and I work part time and go to school full time. We both work as tellers for the same bank but different branches. 

We got married June 4, 2011 and moved 500miles away from our family two week later. We are leaving when we have children up to God right now but as we get closer to our respective graduations in 2015 we will probably starting TTC. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm Ashley and I'm an elementary school teacher. DH is also a teacher. We've been married since July 2011. We have a 3-year-old dog who keeps us on our toes! I sing in a Christian band, we volunteer with the middle school program at church (I lead the 6th grade girls small group and DH helps lead the 6th grade boys). We also just started co-leading an adult small group. For fun, I like to dance and sing and spend time with DH and family and friends. DH likes sports a lot. He played softball for our church this summer (played baseball his whole life before that) and now he's in a fantasy football league at church. 
  • I'm Tiffany and am currently working as substitute teacher. (Still praying about getting that full time teaching position.) H is T and he's a truck driver. We will be celebrating our 3 month wedding anni on Saturday as well as our 5 year dating anni. We still aren't sure when we'll TTC because I'm debating about going back to school for my Master's degree.
  • I'm Rebecca and I'm a FT youth pastor. My husband and I have been married for a little over 3 months. H works at a university in the campus ministry department and waits tables on the side. We're on the Dave Ramsey program and working on getting out of debt quick. We're both working on Masters degress, so we're pretty busy!  We have a 3 year old puppy and we're loving married life! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • I'm Emily.  Married Fletcher on June 11, 2011.  I'm from Virginia, he's from Maryland, we met at Liberty University Fall 2008, and we now live in Kansas where DH is a full time youth pastor.  I'm currently an ABA (Autism) Therapist, but my last day is Thursday.  We're expecting our first baby in about a month!!
  • My name is Andrea... Fiance's name is Pete. We are getting married in 25 days... WOW... I am a CNA and started Nursing School [just the prerequst right now but Anatomy is kicking my lil butt ] Pete works construction and looking to find a job down my way [we live 45 min apart]
    I have a 9 year old son named Harrison from a previous relationship... We may have finally found a house to move into slowly before the wedding. Awaiting that process at the moment. So it's pretty much crazy central right now.
    Love is All You Need
  • edited September 2012
    I'm Hilary- I've been with my FI for 15 months. We're getting married next April. I work for the state doing administrative work, my FI does telecommunications construction. We live in CA and have 2 cats and a dog between the 2 of us. My hobbies- currently are mainly taking care of my house and animals. I like to read. And I'm trying to get back into the gym for a wedding body I want.. kinda hard. And trying to find a church home that fits both FI and my needs. I think I found one, we'll see! Annnd that's about it ha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm Clarissa and I'm getting married January 15,2013. I work as a nanny and in my spare time i'm planning a wedding and marriage. I'm mormon, so feel free to ask me questions. I love my fiance Jason who is in the national guard. I'm not sure what else to say...
  • I'm Sarah.
    Married: June 26, 2012, some coming up on 3 months.
    Favorite Color: Blue
    Job: Commercial Accounts Manager at an insurance company
    I love to cook, clean, read,  and spend time with my hubby
    We live in OH
    No kids, yet.
    H is in school and works at a hospital
    I want to go back to school eventually. Possibly study psychology, or something else. We'll see.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well, you can learn a lot about me by asking in my ask me anything thread. :)

I'm Jenn.  Married John on June 4, 2011.  I'm a full-time grad student working toward me EdD (doctorate in education).  DH is a pediatrician, and he's a second year resident.  We moved to SC for his residency, but I'm originally from WV.  I love to read.  I also bake and scrapbook.  I'm going to make pumpkin ginger cookies today to take to my Wednesday evening class. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm Julie, and DH is Matt. We got married January 16, 2011, so about a year and eight months ago. I'm a Medical Assistant for a podiatrist, and DH does construction work with his dad. We are in the process of building our own home, debt free. It's a long process, but so worth it! My newest hobby is crochet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards