New York-Upstate

Winter wedding venues? (Albany/Troy area)

We're considering a winter wedding and are looking for advice on venues that are pretty in the winter months...fireplaces maybe? great decor? we're on a tight budget as well, but will look into all suggestions.

Re: Winter wedding venues? (Albany/Troy area)

• edited December 2011
    Birch Hill in Schodack!
  • edited December 2011
    Birch hill is nice. BIG fireplace.

You could do the Desmond too. The lodge is good for pics and the inside streetscape makes for good pictures. My sister had her wedding there this past January.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • ryankjaryankja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a new Hilton Garden Inn on Rt 7 in Troy.
    can accomodate over 400 if needed. It's still a secret, even though it's been open
    for over a year.
    Ample parking, great room accomodations and right off the highway for travelers.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    11 North Pearl- awesome decor and hotels right across the street if the weather is bad so no one has to drive.  Birch Hill is great but way out there with no hotels around if the weather is bad.
  • edited December 2011

Crooked Lake House in Averil Park has  beautiful ballroom with 180 degree lake views.  The adjacent rooms for cocktail have amazing big fireplaces.  Would be perfect for a cozy winter wedding.  They're under new management.  Olde Daley Inn is doing all the food and beverage service.

• Sabrajoi1Sabrajoi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Edison Club in Rexford
  • beau511beau511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have looked into many of those venues- unfortunately many are way over budget! But thanks for all the suggestions! We're trying to go somewhere off the beaten path and a little less "known" because we have found some great prices and some unique venues!

Ryan KJA we live very close to The Rensellaer and loveeedd it. But way above our heads budget-wise. It is a fantastic venue though

• edited December 2011
    Check Longfellows in Saratoga off exit 14. They have a winter special price which I think is pretty reasonable based on all the research I've done: $59.99.
    http://www.longfellows.com/Catering/Saratoga-Wedding-Specials.asp
    My cousin is getting married there in Jan.

The venue is very pretty with the tree and lights in the middle of the room. They also have a bridge/pond in there which is just beautiful. There is also a wine cellar room where you could have your rehearsal dinner and they have a hotel attached. Go check it out.

Goodl uck!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Franklin Plaza.
    alot of people dont know how extremely affordable it is. My fiance and I are planning a wedding in february there, and they were really able to work with our budget. One of the best things about the venue, is that decor is beautiful.  Romantic, Glamorous and doesnt need alot of decoration.  It has fire places and beautiful reception, cocktail and then dinner area.  Give it a shot.  Tell them you heard it from Brian Cody's Fiance. ;) 
  • bdimples9bdimples9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    brian cody like fly92?
  • edited December 2011
    yes my future hubby is the voice on the radio
  • edited December 2011
    Check out The Hall of Springs in Saratoga, if you are willing to get married january, february, or march they have a ngreat winter white page.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards