Maine

affordable *cheap* outdoor venues

hi everyone,
We are paying for the wedding and really don't want to spend a lot. With that said we do want to have a GREAT TIME. We are thinking 100-120 ppl invited (20-30 kids)  would like to keep the whole wedding for 2000-5000.  Basically we are checking all options, out-side of the box is ok with us. We don't want traditional dance floors and ballrooms. I want the kids to beable to run and play, Yard games, great food, and some wine. We say southern maine because we live in Portland. but FI is from the county, and we know to have the event we want we need to be flexible.
We want the day to be about family, friends and celebrating our vows. I have looked into renting a family compound, some bed and breakfasts, even a camp. so if you know of anything send it my way PLEASE!! I know I will find something that will work for us. I have changed my searching to more family reunion then wedding because anything with the word wedding attached seems to get an upcharge lol.
THANKS!!

Re: affordable *cheap* outdoor venues

• I am having my wedding at Gateway Recreation in Bingham, ME...it is a place that rents cabins out but they have a HUGE lawn with electricity run for a DJ, lights and all of that. The price is very reasonable...you do have to rent your own tent but I thought it was worth it. You will not find it posted anywhere but that is where I am from and I know that he does this sort of thing. It is a ways from Portland but may be worth the price. 
  • thank you so much! I added it to my check out list. it looks really pretty.
    It has been really challenging finding the right place for our budget.
    When are you getting married there? and are you doing the reception there too?
  • There is the Great Outdoors in Turner. It might be more north then you want though.
  • I am only having my reception there...I am having a destination wedding in Jamaica on 04/19/13 and having a reception at home on 05/11/13. It is very pretty there and he is great to work with as far a price. And on a plus side...your guest will have a place to stay because he rents out super cute cabins. 
  • I'm thinking the midcoast would be a 1/2 way spot for both families.  If you're interested, you could check out the Camden Snow Bowl. It's a great spot and family friendly. Not sure of their rates, but I do know they are affordable. Good luck!
  • Chandler House Bed and Breakfast is where I got married and where a few toher brides on here are getting married. I loved it! very different. Our ceremony was outside and our reception was inside the barn. we had a dance floor put down on the main floor of the barn. We got a lot of people saying how different it was. We had our reception late so there was not all that many kids but they have a HUGE field where you could have yard games for the kids and the scenery is beautiful. Once I get home I will post pictures and more details on here for you. 

(or you can look at some opast posts where we have talked about the Chandler House before, their page is on there along with a wedding that happen there last September)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards