Wedding Woes
Options

I need some answers

A response to an OP that is 20 weeks pregnant and just found out baby daddy is engaged:

You asked if there were other stories that were relevant. My SO of 4 years and I found out that we were pregnant in January. He begs me to get an abortion and I impolitely refuse. End of February I find out that he has a weeks old baby at home... With his wife... ??? ... ??? ... NOW he keeps telling me that he wants to make a family with me... He made a huge mistake with her... But he can't leave her now because at his age marriage is all about a business transaction. He doesn't want to lose everything that he has ever worked for in a divorce of a marriage that has not lasted now more than 2 years! Wow!!! Really!?!? But he wants to be with me... But he can't leave her... But he wants to be with me... But... I wonder if he knows polygamy is illegal in all 50 states... Hmmm!

1. How can one be with someone for 4 years and not have the "what if" pregnancy talk to see if you are on the same page?

2.  HowTF can you have no clue that they are married???  really, what is it that these people do...I know they can't all be super smooth airline pilots with 3 different lives like the Lifetime movies.

br>imageimage
IF/Baby Blog
2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

Re: I need some answers

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-answers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:69e5fd8c-a718-4d3c-ae38-acaba6ead496Post:3853fed6-ce5f-4a2e-9370-27ada8a8c7d8">I need some answers</a>:
    [QUOTE]... But he can't leave her now because at his age marriage is all about a business transaction. He doesn't want to lose everything that he has ever worked for in a divorce of a marriage that has not lasted now more than 2 years! Wow!!! Really!?!? But he wants to be with me... But he can't leave her...Posted by L&R70707[/QUOTE]

How old is this man?  How much could he really have to lose by getting a divorce?

Sounds like she's a gullible idiot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He probably doesn't have a wife or baby. He just doesn't want to be tied down with this chick and is making up wife of two years and weeks old baby. How else could a person NOT know that after two years of dating that her SO ran off and got married?
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SIL left her husband and 2 elementary age kids for a guy at work. One Saturday she couldn't find her "boyfriend" and asked some co-workers where he was. Why he's getting married today!   She had no idea.  No need to go in to my opinion of her and her behavior, probably the same as yours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards