Canada
Options

STD

just curious. is save the date more of an american thing? i see them talked about so much on the boards but i have actually never received one! though i find i always get invitation about 3-4 months in advance which is way earlier them the board etiquette seems to advise.

Re: STD

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering that too, as I've never gotten one... but the stationery shop I ordered mine at said it was starting to become more popular.  We're choosing to do them because we're having a daytime weekday wedding, right after labour day long weekend - otherwise, I wouldn't.

M.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did STD's!  I used VistaPrint Canada to make a magnet that we sent out in November (we got married in August).  I think from friends and family who have gotten married, about half of them sent out STD's, the others just verbally told us the date.  I thought it was fun, but some people on a budget can save in that area by doing it online.

This was ours:

• Options
    nfp147nfp147 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent a STD email.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, out of the dozen or so weddings I've attended, I think only one couple has ever sent a STD. One or two others may have sent a casual email to let me know when the date was. I also sent a casual email to OOT guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never actually received an STD though I've only been to five weddings and since they were very close family members I only received one invite. Most of them just told me what was going on.  I love the idea and have made my own.  Should be sending them out around September.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never received a STD, but generally I have been told the date verbally months before the invitation arrives. It just seems like an extra, unnecessary expense to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya, I've been to several weddings and never heard of an STD before going on this website.  Everyone just asks when our date is anyway! haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards