January 2012 Weddings
Options

GTKY- Children

Have any of you ladies thought about when/if you will have children yet?

Fi and I have already talked about this, numerous times actually. I'd love to just let it happen when it happens after we get married but he's in the lets wait and be married for a while boat. Since I am now in school I'm pretty sure we need to wait until I'm finished, which will hopefully be next May or  June.

Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: GTKY- Children

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_gtky-children?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d077312f-639b-463d-be26-9ef6c670bc3aPost:77dc2f17-e556-44b8-87f7-425f594eeb8e">GTKY- Children</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have any of you ladies thought about when/if you will have children yet? Fi and I have already talked about this, numerous times actually. I'd love to <strong>just let it happen when it happens after we get married</strong> but he's in the lets wait and be married for a while boat. Since I am now in school I'm pretty sure we need to wait until I'm finished, which will hopefully be next May or  June.
    Posted by sassygirl5401[/QUOTE]
    We've briefly talked about kids and I think this is what we are going to do. I like to think it will happen when it's meant to happen.
  • Options
    I think we are going to wait a bit afterwards.  We have almost 100,000 in student loans, so getting a hear start on those would be nice before having a child.

But I like the idea of just letting things happen. Sigh..who knows.
  • Options
    Well, since we are older (I will be 34 and he will be 33) and have been together quite a while (almost seven years when we get married), we are going to be careless for a while after the wedding with the intentions of starting our family, but I am trying not to put too much pressure on either of us for it. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and cannot wait until we are parents, however, he wants to wait about a year. I do not agree with this because I am fairly certain it won't be easy for me to get pregnant. My grandmother (on my mom's side) and my mother both had fertility problems and I menstrate more than once a month. I will be 32 when we get married so I would like to start right away. I feel like the sonner the better, because who konws how long it will take.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad that I'm not alone in the wanting children as soon as possible department! Now I can tell FI "see the other knotties are doing it too!" lol

Hey maybe this means in the future we'll be seeing each other on the nest and the bump!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I am actually preggo now and due in the next week or so. The FI and I had a little whoops but I am so happy and excited about it. We have been together for so long and I can't wait until our wedding to join our family together. After this one we will prob wait about 5 years to have another.
  • Options
    Congrats Aleigha! Keep us updated on how everything goes!
  • Options
    FI and I have a 5 month old :)
     We got pregnant 2 months after we got engaged!
  • Options
    oh, i can't wait to have babies!! right now i only have my neices (2 & 6mo) to satisfy the baby fever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gary has 4.5 more years left of residency.. I'm 26.. so we're thinking about trying in his last year of residency, when I will be 30...(so in four more years).  We like to travel too much right now and are both pretty selfish in our lifestyles.  We'd like to get another wiener dog before making a baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards