Favors

Pashmina Favors

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ordered pashminas to give away as favors and if they have any suggestions for where to buy?? Thanks!

Re: Pashmina Favors

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow~are you really getting pashminas for all of your guests?  That's quite a favor! Do you have a very small guest list?

And are you getting something different for all the men?  I'm not being snarky, I'm just really intrigued to know.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious too.  I had to save for months just to be able to afford my pashmina and even then I had to convince myself it was an investment piece and not a fad (still love it btw.)
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then you should call them wraps or shawls.  Pashmina refers to a very fine cashmere.  To use it generically is like saying skirt steak is the same as filet mignon.

Since you are looking for wraps, I'd look at any department store or even places like TJ Maxx.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011

I just recieved the pashminas I ordered for all the lady guests and they turned out beautiful.  By buying in bulk I was able to get a great price and I'm so pleased I did. 
    I went through a vendor on EBay.  She said it would take a week and they arrived the next day! (LOL - I spent some time tracking down the FedEx truck, but we got together eventually!)

this is the vendor I used:
    http://stores.ebay.com/scarftradinginc68

I'd give them 10 stars if I could!  (BTW - they're 100% Pashmina Wool, not blended which some people prefer.)  Anyway, Good Luck!

As for the guys (since most of them don't care about favors anyway) we're making sure they each get a shot glass.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jmbdwjmbdw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you, this is perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    Glad I could help! 

Just so you know - the colors are very bright - the turquoise and red are *REALLY* bright.    Cool    The pink, camel & silver are more subdued.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • msgraphicsmsgraphics member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Checking out some flea markets might be a good idea. There are vendors in NYC that sell them on the street for $5 a piece. I'm not sure what they are made out of but they do call them pashmina.  
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've haggled with streetvendors in NYC's chinatown for wraps for $3 down from $5. They call them pashminas but they are actually wool/acrylic blends.
    Photobucket
  • jmbdwjmbdw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help! I was able to take a trip to NYC this past weekend and was able to get them for $3/piece in Chinatown! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards