Getting in Shape

WANTED : A workout that suits a one-shoulder wedding dress!

Hey ladies!

I'm not new to TK, but I am new to this board so HELLO! :]  I am a fairly active woman - love to jog and strength train, but have fallen off the workout wagon for the past couple of months. :( I lost about 15 pounds over the summer from working out, but lost interest in my workout and quit... until now!  I want to get back in shape and I need some suggestions!

I would LOVE to find a workout that suits a one-shoulder wedding dress.  I have been looking everywhere, but no on really suggest any!  If you have any suggestions or a fun, new workout (that will keep me interested) it would be much appreciated!

Thanks ladies :]
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WANTED : A workout that suits a one-shoulder wedding dress!

• I am sorry but I'm so confused by your question??  are you looking for a workout that you can do while wearing this dress?  are you looking to only define one shoulder????  hmmmmmm...why would you need a workout specific to a "one shoulder" wedding dress?
  • It's a workout to SUIT a one-shoulder wedding dress.  I want to find a workout that defines my back, arms and shoulders specific to the dress..

And why would I workout in a one-shoulder dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did not understand what the style of dress would have to do with wanting to strengthen your upper body....  would a one shoulder dress workout look different than a strapless dress shoulder workout?? doubt it...but good luck!
  • Swimming, boxing and upper body weight training could all help tone muscles in the arms, back and torso.  You can combine the three at least you won't get bored doing the same thing all the time.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jennabob - She was trying to say that her back shows and she wants her back to look sexy.

I agree with PP. I'm doing P90X and it's a blast. :)
  • Thanks ladies!  I have p90x in a box waiting to be used so we will see how that goes :]

And a special thanks to JJWillis3 for UNDERSTANDING me! ;]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi!
    Do you happen to have or one of your friends have a "Thigh Master" lying around?  You'd be surprised how much it can tone up your shoulder area.  Obviously you don't put it between your legs, but work it with your hands holding each side and pushing it together.  Moving your arms to different areas works different muscles.  You can start out in front of your chest and then move up above your head.  You'd be amazed!
    i got mine at a yard sale for $2. 
    Just a thought!
    Emma
  • I know this sounds crazy, but the Shake Weight.  I just got mine and have been doing it for a few days now(in privacy because it looks so ridiculous) and I can feel it working. My arms are BURNING after the 6 minute workout. Hopefully it will get me ready for my strapless dress and wedding in April!
    4/23/2011 Jill & Dean
  • I don't really understand either...Do you want to just define the shoulder that will be showing? I don't know why you'd want to be uneven :S Most dresses these days are at least sleeveless if not strapless altogether. You aren't going to find anything searching  for "workouts for one-shouldered dress" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • she means she wants a workout that will make her look good in a one-shouldered dress, so anything that works out arms, chest, back.  She obviously isn't going to work out just one arm. This doesn't seem that difficult to understand to me.   I don't know why everyone is jumping down her throat.
  • THANK YOU anne.azano!!!!

I don't understand why some of these other ladies don't get it... I am not looking to only work out one arm, that would be ridiculous! I guess I should have just said that I needed a workout for arms, shoulders and back - then maybe everyone wouldn't be jumping down my throat.

If this is how I am going to be treated on this board, you can say goodbye to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wanted-workout-suits-one-shoulder-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:3601abda-fc9a-4cf0-8a27-3869dc8710f2Post:18e00b5e-31d2-4a5c-8ce4-f550e0b5d6bd">Re: WANTED : A workout that suits a one-shoulder wedding dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]THANK YOU anne.azano!!!! I don't understand why some of these other ladies don't get it... I am not looking to only work out one arm, that would be ridiculous! I guess I should have just said that I needed a workout for arms, shoulders and back - then maybe everyone wouldn't be jumping down my throat. <strong>If this is how I am going to be treated on this board, you can say goodbye to me!</strong>
    Posted by caits_386[/QUOTE]

...Seriously?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that sometimes (less on this board, which is why I was surprised by the responses to your post), people can get a bit mean/touchy/bitchy/whatever.  I really think that everyone knew exactly what you meant and just chose to pretend they didn't because life is more interesting with a bit of drama and these boards can get a bit repetitive... you see it all the time here... a girl will jump on someone because they made a grammar or spelling mistake or didn't express themselves clearly enough.   It's easy when it's anonymous.  Don't take it the wrong way.  In general, I've found this board to be very supportive with lots of good advice and ideas.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards