Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Wequassett Wedding

Has anyone had problems with Wequassett before?  I am getting married there and it has been an uphill battle since the beginning. The sales person sells you one thing and once you sign the contract everything they tell you in the sales pitch is a lie.  The wedding is approaching and the answer to all of my questions/requests is No.  It has been a very frustrating process and I would look elsewhere if you are thinking of getting married here.

Re: Wequassett Wedding

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I am sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience with the Wequassett.  We are getting married there in September and have nothing but wonderful things to say about Kalson and the entire resort staff at the Wequassett. 
  • Options

We are also getting married at Wequassett and have had a wonderful experience so far.

• Options
    I am getting married at the Wequassett in October and I found the sale person Amy to be up front and direct right from the start. My fiancee and I talked to her several times and had conference calls and we left no stone unturned. I found her to be very honest and forthright and we knew exactly what we are getting. You can't beat the venue and the location! It's definitely up to the bridge and groom to make sure they ask all questions up front and get it in writing/in the contract. I'm thoroughly happy with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I recently got married (Oct. 8, 2012) at the Wequassett in Harwich, MA/ Cape Cod and used this site a lot to help with finding local vendors. Overall, I had amazing luck and experiences and wanted to share my thoughts/ reviews to help others who are planning Cape Cod weddings.

Wequassett- We had our wedding at the Outer Bar and Grille as well as a weekend of events- tennis, drinks at Thoreau's and brunch at the Wequassett. Also, many of our guests stayed here. The customer service was top notch all weekend and many of our guests raved about how they were treated. We chose the Outer Bar and Grille because we liked the laid back feel to it (we had 70 guests) and planned on having our cocktail hour on the patio, though the weather had other plans for us as it rained! That didn't matter, as Rene (who was hands down the best ever to work with!!) quickly adjusted the plan and we had our cocktail hour on the covered deck. Loved everything about the entire weekend and we just didn't want it to end. It was so nice having many of our close family and friends in one place all weekend.

The Lobster Claw, Orleans- we had our rehearsal dinner here for all of our guests. We had the whole upstairs dining room to ourselves and had beer/wine as well as cheese platter then a choice of lobster or steak or vegetarian. We rented a school bus locally (First Student in Dennisport) and had all of our guests bused from the Wequassett. It was so much fun. Such a great way to chill and gather before the big day!

The Scratch Cake - Tammi Feldott- Oh my!!! We had the mini cup cakes and they were so tasty and moist. We went to Tammi's house for a tasting and right afterwards we went to Cupcake Charlies to compare and her cupcakes beat them by far! Plus, her price and attentive service was great. We had an assortmant of 5 different flavors and each cupcake had a surprise filling. Delicious!!

Hair- Erin Kennedy/ Artworx- Erin is so laid back and great to work with. She knows her stuff. I wanted a natural look with my hair and wanted a better version of myself without it looking too done up. She heard me and did exactly what I envisioned. Couldn't have been happier and felt lucky that she was free as she books up quickly.

Make-Up- Kimberly  Richard- Kim also was great and knows Erin well. First, it was so wonderful to be with them the morning of my wedding as they are fun and just so easy to be around! Plus, Kim did a natural look without making me look too done up. Loved my makeup!

Flowers- Lilacs by Karen Taddei. OK, so you have to have patience, because Karen is not quick to call back or email back. If you can get passed that, and eventually meet with her, she is worth it! She did such a professional job on our flowers. First, my husband and I (fiance at the time!) really didn't have a theme in mind, and she helped by showing us photos of her work and talking it out. We knew we wanted clean, modern and non-traditional and she got it and also came in with a good price. We had interviewed and met with two other florists (three in total) and Karen's work by far was the best suited for our tastes.

Cape Tunes- Keith was our DJ. Initially I was disappointed as I wanted Scott Rosenthal because I had read amazing reviews about him, but he wasn't available. Scott did help from start to finish with everything and is the most professional person, reliable and responsive of all vendors I have ever met. Keith was so great and I would have him again and again. Not the type of DJ to talk all night, make jokes and make it about him. He kept the flow going, went off our play list and then when some of the songs we "really though we wanted" weren't so great, he asked if he could change it up and we agreed and immediately people got back out on the dance floor. He really knows his stuff! Was sad as we didn't want the night to end. He would have played longer but the Wequassett has an outside sound ordinance/ cerfew by 10pm. Which in hindsight, we probably should have started earlier because the night was just getting going and ended way to soon!!!!

Ceremony Music- Patrick Ryan- Pat plays at the Wequassett during the summer on the weekends. He plays the guitar and is amazing. We wanted modern music for our ceremony and picked songs by James Taylor, etc to for our processional and just having him strum the guitar was simple and perfect!

Truly, after reading and pouring through the Knot and other websites as well as the Wequassett referral list we were able to put together our dream team! Hope this helps!

Kim
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards