Texas-Houston

Early Morning Venting. Sorry!

So... I've been looking for a venue (ceremony and reception in one) for some time now. I've found several places that I love love love; However, they are more than I would like to pay, or at least at this point in my life. 

Background: I'm looking for a place that is pretty much all inclusive. I don't want to rent linens or get a caterer. I want them to have just about everything. I'm wiling to do centerpieces and maybe linens. AND I want a place that is very unique. Like The Gallery (who is booked on our chosen date.) We also loved Brady's Landing and it was in our price range, but they might be booked on our chosen date by now.

At this point, I'm willing to do the ceremony at my church and have the reception somewhere near. (Went to The Bell Tower on 34th yesterday. Loved it, but they were over $10k.) But I just don't know!

Now, I'm thinking about the Humble Civic Center and I'll just have to rent linens, do all the decor, and find a caterer, but that's really not my dream!

So... should we just push back the date until we can afford what I really want or should I just chill out and leave it alone and go back to Brady's Landing and see if our date is still open? We plan on already being married before we have the big ceremony and reception, so should the date for the big event really matter?

UGH! Sorry so much. Just had to get it off my chest before I present it to Babe. All suggestions are welcomed. I would like for the venue to be under $7k for 150-200 people (and the guest list is still flexible).

Thanx Ladies!!!

Re: Early Morning Venting. Sorry!

• edited December 2011
    Well... to be honest I think with that budget & that size guest list you are going to have to do some of the work. There are some great venues out there- but they will require some work.

Italian Cultural & Community Center
    Czech Center Houston
    Heights Fire Station

Also what is you changed your date to be able to use Bradys Landing or The Gallery. Or is that something you are unwilling to do?

Good Luck I'm sure you'll find something you love!
    Photobucket
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. And yes, we're willing to change the date and the guest list is not set in stone. I think we'll go back to BL this week and see....

Crossing Fingers
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Try Shirely Acres they are all inclusive. Also, if you book on a Friday or Sunday your cost will go down significantly. However, I agree with Nanner your guest count is what typically puts you over on your budget.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, bigger guest list = bigger budget. I would def look into the heights firestation, a friend of mine had hers at House Plantation, not sure about the price but its gorgeous and you can have the ceremony and reception there
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys. And that's just my budget as of now. If we push the date back like to next year, then the budget can be higher. That's why I asked if I should just wait until I can afford what I want.
  • edited December 2011
    Look into The Gardens, I just recently changed my venue to that one b/c the previous one i wanted, I had to do and bring everything in myself and the gardens is all inclussive and very reasonably priced, i dont know if you could do 200ppl for 7k there but maybe about 8k, if that sounds like something you could work with than you should check the place out. Their number is 281 4810181
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Diaz!!! I'll look into that.
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much does the Gardens cost?
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    House Plantation is way over your budget ($11K minimum, and they wouldn't budge for me for Friday or Sunday). if you could cut your guest list by half, Lindsay Lakes might work. don't know prices on the following places, but what about Le Jardin, or Ashton Gardens, or Ashelynn Manor?

Glenna Harding Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Lindsay Lakes has what you're looking for, but I don't know about the price range.  I just had my wedding reception there for about 220 people and it was over your $7K budget.  If you can cut your guest list, I would suggest talking to them.  If the guest list and all-inclusive is important to you, pushing back your date in order to save up money might have to be the thing to do.
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    I know Ashton Gardens is like $12k.Didn't like Le Jardin. I think Ashelynn Manor is expensive, too.

Thanks Askweres. I'll look at that. Like I said, the guest list isn't set in stone. But I think I'm gonna just scratch my budget and go for what I want! lol. Oh well, you only have one wedding.

THANKS EVERYONE!!
  • edited December 2011
    Noooo, don't scratch your budget.  Keep to your budget.  It's true that you only have one wedding but it is after all just a party.  You don't want to get into debt and then start your new married life together with debt.  I'm in way too deep to go back now but if I could do it all over again I would invite at the most 100 people. 
  • edited December 2011

If you're willing to go outside of Houston a bit, check out the Orchard at Caney Creek - they have the BEST prices, although they can only hold like 150 people.  Also maybe look into Northwest Forest Conference Center!  Ashelynn Manor could be in your budget on a Friday or Sunday.  Lindsay Lakes is awesome, but they quotes us over $12k for under 100 people (although that included service and tax).  The Courtyard on St. James is another good option.  In general, look at Fridays and Sunday - it makes a huge difference.  Good luck!

• Belle101781Belle101781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Rosemary's Garden (they have 4 different rooms, they have catering there, they have alot of vendors that they use ranging from Photogs, bar, limo, and they have their own French bakery), Paraiso Maravilla, Courtyard at St. James Place.

Like previous posters have stated that alot of places will be cheaper if you have your wedding on a Friday or Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards