Florida-North Florida
Options

Hotel blocks in St. Augustine?

Uh-oh. I just found out that our wedding is during the FL-GA game in Jax, which is apparently a sell-out weekend for hotels in downtown St Aug. I have to set up my blocks like, yesterday, but am a little overwhelmed. Where did you block your rooms and what kind of rates did you get? Did most of your guests stay at the same hotel, or did they prefer to do the B&B thing?

Thanks in advance, ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel blocks in St. Augustine?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I set up blocks at the Hilton (Historic Bayfront), St. George Inn and Comfort Inn.  Luckily there are a ton of Bed and Breakfasts and hotels there in the historic area and at the beach.  You guys will probably be fine, I just would encourage guests to book rooms early...maybe include it with a save the date or something?  Where in St. Augustine are you getting married?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting married at the White Room! I love the venue and grew up in downtown St Augustine, so I will definitely be pointing my guests to the B&B's, I just had a little freakout moment when a lady at one of the hotels I called suggested that I change my date to get a better block rate for my guests. ;)

They also told me that they would release any unbooked rooms 2 months prior to my date- so I really have no choice but to include the info in my STD's. Is 2 months before the wedding a normal time to release these rooms?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amberhockettamberhockett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont know what your date is but i have hotel blocks set up at holiday inn and the rate is 89 a night and i also have blocks set up at the casa monica (Where my wedding is taking place) for 159 a night and i still have to set up one more option What is your date?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are October 28th. $159 for Casa Monica isn't bad, we were quoted $139 for the Hampton Inn. Which Holiday Inn did you block at and when is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amberhockettamberhockett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am not sure what Holiday inn its at my Wedding Planner did it my wedding is August 28th We got the casa monica that low because that is where we are having our wedding and its on a sunday night probably
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards