DC
Options

Sample Sale Question

Hey ladies-

Has anyone bought a dress (or at least checked them out) during sample sales?  Hitched has one in January, and I'd love to score one of their dresses on the cheap.  Any idea what their major lines (Ulla Maija, Judd Waddell, Augusta Jones, Modern Trouseau)  typically run at the sample sale?  

Re: Sample Sale Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it just depends on the store. Blush had a huge sample sale last year and advertised for up to 75% off. You can always ask if they will sell the sample for less before the sale.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I purchsed a dress from a Priscilla of Boston sample sale over the summer.  With any sample sale you have to get there early and keep in mind that they are having the sale to make space for new inventory.  Most times the dresses are 50 to 70 percent off the original price of the dress and they are FINAL SALE.  I purchased a beautiful dress that sadly I can't fit and should not have purchased in the first place.  I can't return it and now have to try and sell it.  So that you have an idea of the discount we're talking about at these sample sales, the dress was originally $3000.00 i purchased it for $700.00.  My advise is to make sure it's the one you want before you purchse it.  Also, depending on when you're getting married, many other stores and designers will have sample sales coming up between now and April.  As they say you learn from your mistakes.  Hope this helps and  Good luck and happy planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice!  I'd been to Hitched before and tried on several of their dresses.  I just can't afford to put down $3000+ for my dress!  There are a few in particular that I'm hoping to find there.  I tried the sample sizes before, and most fit (at least enough that with alterations they'd be fine).  I'm crossing my fingers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards