Students

Collaborative grad student blog

As a recently engaged graduate student, I can say that trying to plan a wedding while being in school (taking classes full time, 16 hr/week clinical rotation, dissertation, etc) is a crazy experience. When I first got engaged last month, I spent a lot of time on Google trying to find blogs that would offer advice or at least chronicle different people's experiences with this whole thing. I didn't really find much. So, I'm really interested in starting a collaborative blog with other grad students so that we can share our own experiences and keep each other sane. Would anyone on here want to be a part of this?

Re: Collaborative grad student blog

• Hey Gutin,

My fiance and I are both grad students and I have found myself in the same place. I would love to be a part of this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! My fiance and I are both in grad school as well and we're planning an Aug 24 wedding.  We just narrowed down the location, and it's going to be out of state since both of us are from completely different areas of the country!  I would love to be a part of this :)
  • I'm interested!  My FI and I are both graduate students and living on opposite sides of the country.
  • I'm a recently engaged grad student as well! Already my thesis writing has taken a back seat to late night wedding googling. I'd be interested in being a part of it!
  • I'm a grad student, planning a wedding for June 22, 2013. We're paying for a lot of the wedding expenses on our own - and since its getting closer I have a lot of advice. I am studying marketing/management now, and was an English major in undergrad - so writing is definitely an interest of mine! Would love to be involved!

Please reach out with details: kaitlankinn10@gmail.com
  • I also would like to be a part of it. I'm taking my last comps in a week from today and  this weekend and moving 4 hours away from my school to be with my FI. While I'm supposed to be studying I find myself looking at wedding dresses, flowers, and obviously on the discussion boards here. Whoops!
  • I started grad school in January (after being out of school for 13 years) and got engaged in February. I also work full-time. I would definitely be interested in sharing experiences with others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in graduate school and just got engaged. I'd definetly love to hear other people's experiences. Me and my fiance are thinking of a destination wedding to Las Vegas given that our family is so spread out. 
  • This is so my life. Wedding planning is way more interesting and exciting than writing papers :)
  • I'd love to be part of it, too!  I'm a third year PhD student, and will be taking my comps the same semester I get married. (November, 2013). This is such a great idea!
  • I'm interested too, this fall will be my second year of grad school. My fiance proposed in my second term last year, and our wedding will be July 26, 2014. Time management is certainly an issue, and so is the financial balance of tuition, one income, and paying for a wedding!
  • HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I would be interested as well! I will be starting my 4th year of my doctorate so I will be dissertating only...but we chose to have a long engagement because of this. My fiance graduated with his PhD 3 years ago when I graduated with my Master's and has a very demanding job. I'd also be interested in reading a blog about this :)
  • I'd love to be a part of this group! I am recently engaged, and I am attending my first year of grad school this fall. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards