Kentucky

Intro/info on Carrick House in Lex?

Im usually a lurker on message boards but that may not be the case for this one :) So...Hello, My name is Kat. I recently became engaged to my other half, Joe, and we are planning our wedding which is projected to be in June 2012 (final date depends on availability of the chosen venue since we aren't picky).

With all that being said. Does anyone have any info (beyond what on the website) for the Carrick House? Im hoping to set up a meeting to tour the venue this week but our schedules are NUTS and Im dying for more info. 

Re: Intro/info on Carrick House in Lex?

• edited December 2011
    My girlfriend at work is getting married there in October and she just took a tour of the renovated venue about a month ago and it is RIDICULOUSLY Gorgeous.  I know you have to use certain caterers ( can't remember which or if it's inhouse) but it's a beautiful place.  I also hear it books rather quickly!  I'll see if I can get you some more info! 

HTH!

Congrats on your engagement!  I'm a July 2012 bride here in the bluegrass.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • TheBrideKatTheBrideKat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank KimC1983!!! Are you having your wedding in Lex?

Joe and I were finally able to squeeze an appt in. I thought the outside was beautiful (from pics i found online) but the new addition? Fabulous!! As soon as we get a final proposal with everything the way we discussed it were putting a deposit down. It feels so great to have one thing decided.
  • edited December 2011
    Not a problem Kat!

I'm actually getting married at Buffalo Trace bourbon distillery in Frankfort!

I work in Lexington, though!

I'm glad you loved it!  The pics Steph showed me were breathtaking, and she said they've been nothing but WONDERFUL to work with as far as putting her at ease and listening to her ideas and being professional!  Sounds like you have a perfect venue!

How's the rest of planning going?!  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rest of the planning??? haha, lets just say the venue is the only definite thing decided on other then the colors and MAYBE the photographer. On the bright side, The Carrick house means I can check off three things instead of just one as its where we plan to hold the ceremony, reception, and they have their own catering co.

How about you? any spot light vendors you've dealt with?

OT- where is everyone on this board????
  • edited December 2011
    haha.  3 BIG CHECKMARKS!  That's great!   We have the venue-both ceremony and reception there)  I've said yes to the dress, and we have our photographer.  I'd totally recommend our photographer because she's ridiculously amazing, but she's based in Birmingham, AL.  She does a great balance of candids, classic portraits, and artistic shots.  

I haven't begun to deal with caterers or florists yet, but I've gotten great recommendations for florists (Best of Flowers though I hear they are pricey)

I'm swimming in DJs right now, too.

So, I guess I'm no help! HA!

I cannot find a soul to hop in in the conversations here, either!  I'm so glad you responded! :-)  At least we have us! :-))
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I hear ya on the DJ's! I work nights (7p-7a) so A LOT of what Ive gotten done is via email. I kept trying to get a ball park range from Pro DJ but I think hes trying not to send me one until we have an actual phone conversation. Little difficult unless he wants to talk at 3am.

I havent touched florists, baker, officiant (dont even know where to beginon this one!!!), or favors. And theres probably other stuff that Im not even aware of yet.Yell

• edited December 2011
    As far as baker, I think we're going to go with Tinker's, but that's just what I think I want with no real meeting with them or anything.  

Officiants!  Ahh, I think we may luck out and have someone in FI's family that can officiate the wedding because I have no clue about them, and google is the only thing I can think of to find one?

Invitations, Save the dates, favors, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • haleegriggshaleegriggs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Carrick House is gorgeous, but very pricey.  There are other venues in Lexington where you can get the ceremony, reception, and catering all in one - of course, if you've already placed a deposit, I guess it's too late :(  But yes, it is pretty.
  • edited December 2011

Do you know the names of some of these places that do the wedding/reception/catering all in one place?  Thanks!

• kmsimpson86kmsimpson86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Central Catering at Fasig-Tipton.  Beautiful grounds, inexpensive, fabulous food.  You will need to spend some money on decorating the inside- its not very appealing.  Pipe and draping and chair covers will transform the place though!!!

• I've booked my August wedding at The Carrick House and I'm thrilled!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards