Nevada-Las Vegas

Show me your welcome letter

Hello everyone, I was thinking about doing a welcome letter for my guests.  Has anyone else done this?  If so would you mind uploading yours, thanks in advance.

Re: Show me your welcome letter

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_show-welcome-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fae13811-2fc8-45a3-8605-63cbf6ce88e1Post:3949c5e8-25d3-49c5-9c64-a4bc464c9e75">Show me your welcome letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone, I was thinking about doing a welcome letter for my guests.  Has anyone else done this?  If so would you mind uploading yours, thanks in advance.
    Posted by germeseh[/QUOTE]

Search for "welcome bag" or "welcome bag letter" and you'd find a ton of ideas.

I'd recommend searching before posting - a lot of things are at your fingertips that way.
  • germesehgermeseh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @nycheryl, thanks for the tip...I have done that, I'm looking to see if these things have been done recently...
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, So i know a few people on here did this. I am going to be really honest....

We did not to the "welcome bags" full of junk nor did we do "welcome letters... However wedid a "meet n greet" the night before wedding. A much more meaning full Welcome to the guests. 

I say don't waste your time, paper, energy and money on this type of thing. How are you going to deliever all that stuff to each guests hotel? Do yourself a favor...and skip

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

downtownbebebrown, you have the right to share your opinion, but sometimes the way you air your views can be a bit harsh, verging on offensive. You know many brideson  here have done Welcome Bags (full of "junk") which I think is actually a nice, thoughtful idea, and not always at the expense of a meet and greet, so why be so critical.

Germeseh, I didn't do a welcome pack, but I did send out a final itinerary with a 'covering letter' to all out guests a month before the wedding, along with a map and personalised Vegas-themed luggage tags.

Our letter went like this:

Let's Roll!

To All of our Family & Friends

We are very excited to be a little over a month away from being back in Las Vegas. We are looking forward to sharing the bright lights and big city with you all! As you might have gathered, our wedding will be a bit different to others you have been to before. Enclosed is some detailed information on each of our events, which we hope will help you see what is in store!

We will be arriving in Las Vegas on the 19th of March and our best man / groomsmen / bridesmaid will also be on hand to help you with anything.

Make sure you have our phone numbers handy!

XXXXX:     +44XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXX:     +44 XXXXXXXXXXXXX

We can’t wait to see you soon! Viva Las Vegas!

Love from,

The Bride                                      The Groom 
                         (soon to be under new management!)

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    I guess what i mean is Brides tend to stress on these non-essentials and then overlook the food/drink etc... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards