Favors

Favor Ideas

We're having an Alice In Wonderland wedding. I found some cute medicine bottles with AIW characters on them to use for favors. I just have no idea what to put in them. Initially I thought I could put bubble bath or body wash or scrub in some for the ladies, but was at a loss for what to put in the men's. I keep just defaulting to putting candy in everyone's.

Any ideas?
I'll also be giving them a little baggy with some tea inside of it.

Also! We're not having a seating chart. It's a fairly casual backyard wedding. Buffett will be inside and tables will be outside, but I expect people will just kind of mill around and what not. SO, should I put the favors on the tables at each seat? Or should I set up a favor table? If the favors are separated by men's and women's I'll have to do a favor table, but what do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor Ideas

• Some people are sensitive to scents or have sensitive skin and so lotion or body wash/scrub isn't the best idea for a favour. I would find a small candy that fits in the bottles and just give everyone the same thing. Separating favours by gender seems like a silly thing to do.

If you aren't having assigned seating (or even assigned tables) then I would do a favour table. However, I also wouldn't count on people just milling around all evening. At some point people will want to sit down and as a guest, having a specific place to do that would be appreciated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • I think I just initially saw the bottle and was like 'what can I put in here?' and bubble bath came to mind, and  was just kind of stuck in that box  guess. But yeah, skin conditions, didn't think about that.

We will have tables and chairs all over, plenty of placesfor people to sit. Our family is all fairly close though, at these large events they tend to table hop. Would it be better if I did assigned seating??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As long as you have a place for everyone to sit, I think you're good on that.

What about drink mixes in the  bottles?  Gourmet hot chocolate flavors and cider come to mind, but may not be as suited to a warm wedding (although I will drink hot chocolate anytime!), but coffee drink, chia and matcha mixes are pretty universal (they can make them iced if they want), you could do nice flavored lemonades, and maybe you could even put the tea leaves into the bottles instead of having it separate?  This approach would probably mean having a favor table -- offer several (3-7) different drink mix options, and group the bottles into labeled baskets.  Alternately, you could assign a "flavor" to the characters on the bottle ("Mad Hatter Mocha" or "Queen of Hearts Cinnamon",  "Alice's Apple Herb Tea", etc.) and display them accordingly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-ideas-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:9e93814b-3213-44e5-bf92-9ff2c8014efbPost:9341c4ea-49a7-4be0-bf0b-8f79a1d9b425">Re: Favor Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you have a place for everyone to sit, I think you're good on that. What about drink mixes in the  bottles?  Gourmet hot chocolate flavors and cider come to mind, but may not be as suited to a warm wedding (although I will drink hot chocolate anytime! ), but coffee drink, chia and matcha mixes are pretty universal (they can make them iced if they want), you could do nice flavored lemonades, and maybe you could even put the tea leaves into the bottles instead of having it separate?  This approach would probably mean having a favor table -- offer several (3-7) different drink mix options, and group the bottles into labeled baskets.  <strong>Alternately, you could assign a "flavor" to the characters on the bottle ("Mad Hatter Mocha" or "Queen of Hearts Cinnamon",  "Alice's Apple Herb Tea", etc.) and display them accordingly</strong>.
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]

Love this idea! As a guest, I would fall in love with this and have to take one home!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-ideas-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:9e93814b-3213-44e5-bf92-9ff2c8014efbPost:9341c4ea-49a7-4be0-bf0b-8f79a1d9b425">Re: Favor Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you have a place for everyone to sit, I think you're good on that. What about drink mixes in the  bottles?  Gourmet hot chocolate flavors and cider come to mind, but may not be as suited to a warm wedding (although I will drink hot chocolate anytime! ), but coffee drink, chia and matcha mixes are pretty universal (they can make them iced if they want), you could do nice flavored lemonades, and maybe you could even put the tea leaves into the bottles instead of having it separate?  This approach would probably mean having a favor table -- offer several (3-7) different drink mix options, and group the bottles into labeled baskets.  Alternately, you could assign a "flavor" to the characters on the bottle ("Mad Hatter Mocha" or "Queen of Hearts Cinnamon",  "Alice's Apple Herb Tea", etc.) and display them accordingly.
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]

Absolutely genius idea!
    OP, you could get the instant cappuccino mixes in bulk from the grocery store. Also, there is this great tea store called Teavana where you can get super yummy tea blends!

I so wish I wash a guest at your wedding!
  • ItzMS, I LOVE Teavana!  I went while visiting a friend and was absolutely enchanted!.  OP, they sell online, too at teavana.com  .
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-ideas-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:9e93814b-3213-44e5-bf92-9ff2c8014efbPost:9341c4ea-49a7-4be0-bf0b-8f79a1d9b425">Re: Favor Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you have a place for everyone to sit, I think you're good on that. What about drink mixes in the  bottles?  Gourmet hot chocolate flavors and cider come to mind, but may not be as suited to a warm wedding (although I will drink hot chocolate anytime! ), but coffee drink, chia and matcha mixes are pretty universal (they can make them iced if they want), you could do nice flavored lemonades, and maybe you could even put the tea leaves into the bottles instead of having it separate?  This approach would probably mean having a favor table -- offer several (3-7) different drink mix options, and group the bottles into labeled baskets.  Alternately, you could assign a "flavor" to the characters on the bottle ("Mad Hatter Mocha" or "Queen of Hearts Cinnamon",  "Alice's Apple Herb Tea", etc.) and display them accordingly.
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]<div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Agreed: Reppunzel has a terrific idea.</div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's a great idea! The bottles that I have already have different characters on them, so matching them to different flavors would work out perfectly. I'll check out that site! Thank you everyone! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M&ms but I'm a chocoholic. You can do them in your wedding colors or even blue and white like Alice's dress?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Candy go wrong with sweets
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards