Snarky Brides
Options

How to ask...

I used to work as an afterschool teacher and the ladies I work with would always talk about being invited to our wedding and how they want to come.  I really wanted to ask them to babysit during the ceremony and reception (at those locations) for the young children (our wedding party's children) that will be there. Is that rude?  I trust them since I know they have worked with kids so long.  How would I go about doing this? We are sending save the dates this week and I wanted to ask them to babysit before they received a STD or invitation...

Re: How to ask...

• Options
    I really don't think that is appropriate, unless you plan on paying them. Otherwise, you're expecting guests to work. But even if you were planning on paying them, I think it would be insulting to former co-workers to not be considered good enough to be invited, but good enough to work for you. At best, you could ask them for references for reliable babysitters, and see if they volunteer, or ask your wedding party for someone they prefer. 
  • Options
    Good grief no
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_how-to-ask?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:79d31c10-e2a1-43bc-9d15-5c5f37c555bdPost:2d580248-3884-4c6e-a054-cb699f329881">Re: How to ask...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this is the third place that you asked this that I have found so far and no one has yet to say inviting them is a good idea. Is this sinking in yet?
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw this somewhere else!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    What I'm confused about is you don't want to invite these people because you're not close with them ... but you want to pay for them to be at your wedding. Um, what? Why would you want to pay extra for a guest that you don't even want there?

There's nothing wrong with just not inviting somebody if you're not that close with them. There's a lot wrong with trying to pass off a babysitting job as some kind of "invitation"

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    Haha thanks!  But yes we will be paying them and no I will not send them an STD.  Thank you for your advice, I posted this several times because I really wanted other brides helpful opinions, thank you for your help!  Have a great day! :)
  • Options
    I hope these ladies don't consider themselves close friends. I personally would be offended if someone I thought was my friend invited me to a wedding to watch everyone's children.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards