Muslim Weddings

Interfaith Wedding, African American Christian Woman and Pakistani/ Indian man

Hello! I'm planning my wedding and I wanted to know if anyone has some fun and creative Walima ideas. Typically, I'm used to wedding receptions with lots of music and dancing which is typical in the African American tradition. Since we may not have much dancing (if any), does anyone have entertaining ideas for their Walima that does not involve dancing? My relatives are very unfamiliar with Muslim weddings as well as South Asian culture(I have quite a bit to explain), so I'm hoping for it to be a creative and engaging experience for both cultures:)

Re: Interfaith Wedding, African American Christian Woman and Pakistani/ Indian man

• Wow, I have no idea but i am having a Islamic ceremony and traditional reception
    Mrs. DivaDowell Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>Hey! I hope im not too late answering this, but typically we have a slideshow with the bride and grooms pictures, baby pictures. We have speeches, and a quran recitation.. usually this takes up a lot of time!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_muslim-weddings_interfaith-wedding-african-american-christian-woman-and-pariksani-indian-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:660Discussion:9ac80d2f-f4f3-488d-b54c-dcf8b7f7abc7Post:d8881912-eefd-4e21-987b-9f3d77709398">Interfaith Wedding, African American Christian Woman and Pakistani/ Indian man</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm planning my wedding and I wanted to know if anyone has some fun and creative Walima ideas. Typically, I'm used to wedding receptions with lots of music and dancing which is typical in the African American tradition. Since we may not have much dancing (if any), does anyone have entertaining ideas for their Walima that does not involve dancing? My relatives are very unfamiliar with Muslim weddings as well as South Asian culture(I have quite a bit to explain), so I'm hoping for it to be a creative and engaging experience for both cultures:)
    Posted by RZBrooklynB[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards