Arizona-Phoenix

Indoor Venue Help??

Hello all~

I just got engaged on the 4th of July, and my fiance and I are planning our wedding for January 16th, 2011. I'm very excited, but also nervous, because I'm trying to do all of this in just 6 months! I am basically starting from scratch, since I never really thought about wedding related stuff growing up.

Does anyone have suggestions for an indoor reception venue? If I find the right place, I may also do the ceremony itself there, but the reception is my primary interest right now. We're planning for between 150 and 175 people, keeping it simple, but elegant. I'm hoping to keep the entire reception cost under $10,000.

Thanks!

Re: Indoor Venue Help??

• LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a specific part of town you're looking at? Or a specific look/feel to the venue that you'd like?
    Photobucket
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been looking primarily in the Mesa/Gilbert area, but would consider Phoenix or Fountain Hills too. The ceremony site I currently have is in Mesa.

I'm not so much into the more modern looks, but vintage doesn't really suit me either. Something kind of in between? I prefer more open spaces, maybe with higher ceilings and a little space between tables. I would do an outdoor wedding, but I think it's kind of risky in January.

• LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Las Sendas and Red Mountain Ranch Country Club. They are both in Mesa and they both have a lovely indoor area, with an amazing view.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Las Sendas is gorgeous, one of my best friends got married there. The only issue I could see with that venue is that  the indoor space is a little tight, and some guest may have to sit outside.

We are having our reception at Val Vista Lakes, it is a pretty classic reception hall, but fit all of our criteria.  It works out great, because you can bring in all of your own vendors. Another bonus for your date is that it is discounted big time on Sundays.
    I'm all dressed up in your words today. Schockedbio.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony and reception at Troon North in Scottsdale and it was awesome!!  The ballroom has floor to ceiling windows all the way around the room, so it feel really open.  We had 120 people and had plenty of room, we could have easily had 150-175 people in there with enough room.  I think they say you can have 200 with a dance floor. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Phx convention center, az science center, mesa center for the arts....
  • tiny27tiny27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is at the mesa convention center. great space and accommodation. 
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First come up with a budget.  It will help narrow down your choice ranges. Next pick an area that's most convenient. 

We did the Indo Cultural Banquet Hall at 27th Ave and Glendale.  They had ample space, and had a lot of amenities we were looking for (e.g. kitchen for catered food, good restroom facilities for guests, a courtyard for guests that didn't want to hear the music, ample parking lot space, ability to rent for the day for vendors to decorate and take down... the list goes on)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • nurse2b06nurse2b06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Noah's Event Center in Chandler. We are having our wedding there and they are a BRAND NEW, absolutley, gorgeous venue that you are able to do what YOU want and not be told how to do anything. There prices are also VERY inexpensive. Click on our names in my sig and it will take you to our wedding website. Under "ceremony and reception" there will be the info and a picture. Good luck!
    Landon & Tricia
    12-4-2010
    Elegant, simple, classy, traditional, semi-formal, Christian, budget, DIY, "Winter Wonderland" Wedding.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Noah's would have been GREAT, but they aren't open on Sundays, and my date is fixed. So sad!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_indoor-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:82689b9b-a159-4173-9106-f4568aa8ebf8Post:5d7ed273-4341-4537-8748-059bd8486fd7">Re: Indoor Venue Help??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Noah's Event Center in Chandler. We are having our wedding there and they are a BRAND NEW, absolutley, gorgeous venue that you are able to do what YOU want and not be told how to do anything. There prices are also VERY inexpensive. Click on our names in my sig and it will take you to our wedding website. Under "ceremony and reception" there will be the info and a picture. Good luck!
    Posted by nurse2b06[/QUOTE]

I hae a meeting next week to look at Noah's!  I'm excited! :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicleep-You'll love it. It's beautiful and simple and I love that you can choose how everything goes and really make it your own. Plus, Kate Jensen is GREAT to work with!
    Landon & Tricia
    12-4-2010
    Elegant, simple, classy, traditional, semi-formal, Christian, budget, DIY, "Winter Wonderland" Wedding.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    azdancer8-Have you thought about Lavender and Old Lace? Or The Windmill?
    Landon & Tricia
    12-4-2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards