New York-Long Island

NIght Wedding too dark Land's End in October???

I was about to put the deposit down for early October at Lands End in West Sayville until they told me that the bridal party couldn't enter the venue to take pictures due to a wedding before us that will end at 5:30. Sunset is at 6:30ish and the outdoor ceremony won't start until 7-730. I'm concerned that there won't be enough light from sunset/dusk for our friends and family to see us! Any suggestions or has anyone attended a night wedding in october? What was the lighting like?  Thanks

Re: NIght Wedding too dark Land's End in October???

• edited December 2011
    Do not make the mistake. Do not do a night ceremony in October. You will regret it for the rest of your life.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    what? we did a night ceremony in november and it was gorgeous! It was, however, indoors as it's cold (and even in october it's cold outside). Why not move the ceremony indoors?
    OP-if you can't take pics there why not go elsewhere for most and then just do a few at your location?

• edited December 2011
    if pictures are REALLY important to you, most photographers on Long Island do not have the equipment to handle night shoots. Just saying.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!! I really appreciate the advise. The venue actually had an opening in August so I decided to switch the date so that it would still be light and warm out during our vows and throughout the cocktail hour. 
  • edited December 2011
    I having an 8pm cermony because that is the only time they start them on friday nights.  The place that I booked have so much lighting and I have the option to be inside.  My pictures will be great some during the day and night. 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think a night wedding would be gorgeous in October, as long as you have the budget and resources to provide the proper lighting that will transform the event into a romantic evening (Twinkle lights really make a night wedding look spectacular). However, if you cannot get the setting to be visible for guests, then I would say choose another location 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_night-wedding-dark-lands-end-october?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:dd0d46fe-59bf-49de-99de-254d35e981f0Post:91f08bfa-6353-452b-be62-82c9dbc03a06">Re: NIght Wedding too dark Land's End in October???</a>:
    [QUOTE]what? we did a night ceremony in november and it was gorgeous! It was, however, indoors as it's cold (and even in october it's cold outside). Why not move the ceremony indoors? OP-if you can't take pics there why not go elsewhere for most and then just do a few at your location?
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>How did you like  your the wedding there?</div><div>Any advise, its beautiful from the pics online.</div><div>
    </div><div>Going to Lands End tomorrow. Date september 8 2013</div><div>Thanks P

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_night-wedding-dark-lands-end-october?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:dd0d46fe-59bf-49de-99de-254d35e981f0Post:91f08bfa-6353-452b-be62-82c9dbc03a06">Re: NIght Wedding too dark Land's End in October???</a>:
    [QUOTE]what? we did a night ceremony in november and it was gorgeous! It was, however, indoors as it's cold (and even in october it's cold outside). Why not move the ceremony indoors? OP-if you can't take pics there why not go elsewhere for most and then just do a few at your location?
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>How did you like  your the wedding there?</div><div>Any advise, its beautiful from the pics online.</div><div>
    </div><div>Going to Lands End tomorrow. Date september 8 2013</div><div>Thanks P

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards