Nebraska-Omaha

dress shopping

I am going dress shopping with my mother, FMIL, and my sister in the next two weeks. Where did everyone get their dress? Any places you would recommend or tell me to stay away from?

Thanks!!

Re: dress shopping

• edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Traditions and no one ever acknowledged me. Looked through all their dresses and didn't see anything I wanted to try on, so I left.

I read reviews on Suburban Bridal - So didn't even go there.

I ended up going to Ellyne's in Lincoln, which is where I got my dress. So far my experience has been great, but I only go in there on weekdays.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a review in February posted on here of my best friend and my experience dress shopping.

We HATED Ellyne's Bridal. It was horrible. I set up an appointment, then they made us wait for a long time before we could even get in. Even though we were on time. Then we were supposed to have two consultants helping us and neither one helped us. We asked another consultant to find our's and she said "Okay" then came back and said she couldn't find the other girls. So we ended up trying on all the dresses by ourselves. Then at the end they showed back up and were going to write the numbers down for us. She went to find a pen and after 10 minutes we got sick of waiting and left.

My best friend got her dress at the outlet in Wahoo. Nebraska Bridal Outlet. We both had an amazing experience there. They were so incredibly helpful and friendly. They had a ton of dresses in a bunch of sizes. They have on the rack dresses and to order dresses. She ordered her dress in February and it came in a couple weeks ago. So they were fast too!

My favorite store was the Lincoln Bridal Outlet. I found a dress I absolutely love and the staff there was so attentive and amazing. Their dressing rooms aren't very big but we didn't have a problem. The staff was great at suggesting dresses similar to what we liked and that would flatter our figures. When I decide to finally purchase a dress I will be returning there to do that.

We also went to the Alfred Angelo dress shop in Lincoln and they were great too. The staff was amazing to work with and they were so friendly.

• edited December 2011
    I loved Nebraska Bridal, the outlet store in Wahoo. There were so many other things I wanted to spend our budget on, so it was nice to be able to get a dress I loved at a great price. The ladies there were super helpful as well. I've known several other brides who also got their dresses there and have heard nothing but positive experiences.

I got my BM dresses through Bridal Traditions because they were the only store in Omaha that carried them. In my experience, it very much depends on who is working when you go in. Some of the saleswomen were really rude, while others were very helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I am so excited to go look at dresses, and I think I'm freaking out more than necessary b/c I've heard of bad service at certain places that I wanted to go look (Bridal Traditions). I definitely want to go to Black Tie White Satin--my friend who is getting married in July got her Maggie there and she paid... get this... $105 for the dress! I'm sure I won't have that luck, but she said she had a great experience there so I know I'd like to try there. I appreciate everyones input! Thanks again!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Bridal Traditions. When I shopped and purchased, I had a really great experience but I went on a week day (they do not take appointments - something I think they should seriously reconsider). Anyways, I've had nothing but trouble with them since my purchase. 5 out of 8 bridesmaids told me they were horribly rude when they went in to order. I was there on Saturday to try on my dress and they LOST it - couldn't find it for 30 minutes! Then they stuck me in a tiny dressing room (because I was not "trying on for the first time like the other customers") and left me to try on the dress myself (nobody to zip it up). I am going back this week to pick up my dress and go someplace else for pressing and alterations because I'm tired of their rudeness. I couldn't even have their attention for more than 30 seconds this weekend to complain. It's nothing like "Say Yes to the Dress"! haha.
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Outlet in Wahoo for me! I had a fantastic experience there and they had a HUGE selection. all of the dresses are $350 or less, so that makes it even better! =]
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Traditions~Where I found my dress. The gals were super nice. 
    Black Tie White Satin-Where I bought my dress. Well worth the drive! They were cheaper than BT. 
    Bridal Details-The women there are the spawns of satan and made me feel like crap. They are also liars. 
    Suburban Bridal-Again, evilness throughout the store. Don't even bother. 
    Bridal Outlet in Wahoo-They were nice, but not a huge selection for me. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress in Wahoo at Nebraska Bridal Outlet!  The staff there is wonderful and I got a gorgeous dress for a very reasonable price!  I don't think they sell any dresses over $400.  From the time I ordered my dress to the time they got it in at the store was 2 months!!!  They quote 90 days, but even the bridesmaid's dress came in early too.  If you're budget conscious, this is definitely a place to check out!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I actually went to Schaffers in Des Moines and found my dress there. The experience there was amazing! I felt like I was on the show "say yes to the dress". There wasn't a place like that here in Omaha. I'm getting my BM dresses from Bridal Traditions and the ladies there have been helpful.   Well good luck with your search!! It's a fun experience!
  • kristinareneekristinarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please Stay away from Suburban Bridal.  Just because I thought they had pretty dresses I went there and they messed my dress up, refused to fix it-said it was my body!(I'm 125 lbs) and dropped the ball on me with my bridesmaid dresses.  They don't care whether you get your dress or not once you pay!  I had to tell them I was going to get the news involved before they offered a refund for my girls.
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest trying bridal details. I know that there have been many changes there in the last year. I am wondering if the one that stated the owner made the comment about a flabby but was misguided. The owner is honest about how she feels a dress looks, but usually makes it very clear that it is only her opinion in an attempt to help you find a dress.

I got my dress there and she was straight forward with me, but I like the direct approach. You have to remember that you don't get along with everyone.

They have a great selection that is always changing.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:adf632cb-0de7-475c-878f-3761be75f300Post:3041e680-1230-4c25-a221-f9746f4fb1cc">Re: dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest trying bridal details. I know that there have been many changes there in the last year. I am wondering if the one that stated the owner made the comment about a flabby but was misguided. The owner is honest about how she feels a dress looks, but usually makes it very clear that it is only her opinion in an attempt to help you find a dress. I got my dress there and she was straight forward with me, but I like the direct approach. You have to remember that you don't get along with everyone. They have a great selection that is always changing.
    Posted by margie8434[/QUOTE]
    Um, sorry but HELL NO was the comment "misguided." Those were her words. Also, I was looking for a dress that had pickups, and they acted like we were fools, as they didn't carry any. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:adf632cb-0de7-475c-878f-3761be75f300Post:3041e680-1230-4c25-a221-f9746f4fb1cc">Re: dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest trying bridal details. I know that there have been many changes there in the last year. I am wondering if the one that stated the owner made the comment about a flabby but was misguided. The owner is honest about how she feels a dress looks, but usually makes it very clear that it is only her opinion in an attempt to help you find a dress. I got my dress there and she was straight forward with me, but I like the direct approach. You have to remember that you don't get along with everyone. They have a great selection that is always changing.
    Posted by margie8434[/QUOTE]

I have heard very bad things about the owner as well from close friends. So personally I wouldn't recommend it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards