Christian Weddings
Options

QOTW - Week of May 22 - Hair

What did you do/are you doing for your wedding hairstyle?  Please post inspiration pics or actual pics so we can all see.  DIY or hairstylist/friend?

Re: QOTW - Week of May 22 - Hair

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid to have it done at a salon not too far from our venue because I wanted something that would look as good at the end of the night as it did when I left the salon.  I asked my hairstylist for her opinion on what I should do since she knows me and my hair so well.  She recommended an updo that would be swept to the side.  

Since I live about 8 hour drive from where I got married, I had my trial run the day before the wedding but the hairstylist did such a great job that I had no concerns.

Front:

Back:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my hairstylist do it, because I've never been able to get my hair to cooperate for me on my own. Hair trial in two weeks!

I can't get the image uploader to work either, apparently, so I just have to refer anyone who's interested to my bio. I'm looking at an updo, loosely pulled back and wavy, with a curly tendril or two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My hairstylist is coming to the hotel where the girls & I are staying. I am paying for their hair to get done as a part of their present. Below is how I want my hair to be done.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know that i want my hair up.... with some curls but that is all i know right now. my Wedding Planner has  lady that can come to my hotel to do my hair but my FMIL knows a woman at a salon... but we'd have to go to the salon to do it. so i have to decide soon who will do it. 
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have trials and the actual appointment booked with a stylist, but I have no idea what I want other than simple, down, and different than what it usually looks like. FI likes my hair down and straight...so I thought I'd leave it that way, but still have something nice done to it. I don't know...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a hairstylist come to the hotel where I will be getting ready. I just had my trial a couple weeks ago. I LOVE it! I have a pic, but I can't upload it because I am using a Mac that I am unfamiliar with haha. But it is going to be all down and curly, with one or two pieces pinned up and a flower on the side. I think I am in love with it. 
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a couple of styles in my Planning Bio but really don't have a clue!! I'm definitely having my hair stylist do it and I plan on going on many many hair trials!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any pics and my google skillz aren't good enough to find something similar, but it was pretty simple.  Basically, all of my hair was pulled back, with no part, and put in big curls/loops on top of my head.  So, similar to the inspiration pic sprtchick posted, but higher, more on the crown of my head.  My veil was attached underneath and my headpiece went around it on the front.

I had mine done by my mom's friend, who did it as a wedding gift.  There was no way I could do it myself; I'm hair inept!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are my hair inspiration pictures: 

I haven't had my hair trial yet, so we'll see which one works (hair like the first pic with pearl pins, and veil either above or below the hairstyle).  Right now I kind of want the veil below the hair style, but we'll see!

Oh, and I'm wearing a tiara!   FUN!!!! :-D 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards