Oregon

Portland Parks?

Hello Oregonians!

My fiance and I have found our reception site, price wise it's amazing for what we're looking for. It's the North Star Ballroom on Killingsworth, http://www.northstarballroom.com/index.htm

Now we are looking for our perfect ceremony site. We want a beautiful garden to have our 100 person ceremony. We want the fairy tale with natural beauty so we don't have to set up much or clean up much. We've narrowed it down to 2 of them. Has anyone been to either or these parks or can recommend a great local site?

The first is Peninsula Park in North Portland. http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?action=ViewPark&PropertyID=507

The second is Crystal Springs Rhodedendron park in South Portland. http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?action=ViewPark&PropertyID=27
~All the love you put out will return to you~

Re: Portland Parks?

• thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's been a long time since I was at the Rhododendron Gardens but they were beautiful.  Parking was limited to around 20 spots which you have to share with other park guests. I am pretty sure that it would be further away from your reception site as well which would make it inconvient for your guests to have to travel so far.
  • eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's a 15 minute drive to the reception site which is the max I'd like.
    Thanks for the info on the parking!!
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • edited December 2011
    The Rhododendron Garden uses the Reed Parking lot across the street for overflow when there is an event going on, so parking should be a non-issue. 

You might also consider: Hoyt Arboretum, Mt Tabor Park (they have an amphitheater), Leach Botanical Garden (a little farther away, but beautiful)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_portland-parks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:ed557c00-017b-4f45-8aae-100c339bb116Post:f55997b2-d751-44bc-b5f5-d3f7a8166856">Re: Portland Parks?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Rhododendron Garden uses the Reed Parking lot across the street for overflow when there is an event going on, so parking should be a non-issue.  You might also consider: Hoyt Arboretum, Mt Tabor Park (they have an amphitheater), <strong>Leach Botanical Garden (a little farther away, but beautiful)</strong>
    Posted by mayflymanitou[/QUOTE]
    <div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">I went to a wedding at Leach Botanical Garden and, while it's a little ways out, it is incredibly pretty.</div>
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I always wanted to have my wedding at the Peninsula Park Rose Garden.  The gardens are gorgeous with the fountain and large gazebo.  The only problem is, they only allow about 12 chairs, which was a problem for us.  But still a gorgeous venue!
  • edited December 2011
    Crystal Springs is gorgeous, I actually had my high school senior photos done there. We were considering an outdoor location, but Oregon weather scares me, so I think we are going with Oaks Pioneer Church in Sellwood. When I was 100% considering an outdoor location, Crystal Springs and the park right on the river in Sellwood (which doubles as a dog park but seems to be reservable for events, which I assume means the park is shut down for that time frame).
  • mkvandrielmkvandriel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Cathedral Park under the St. Johns Bridge (15 minutes from downtown), we are having our ceremony there, and they ahve a huge parking lot and the place isn't crazy busy.

It was not expensive to get a permit for the day either, go to the Portlandia Building downtown.
    The Luckiest Bride to be Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards