Rhode Island
Options

Newport Wedding

Hi,

I am having trouble picking my date... we currenly have 2 penciled in.  Sept 24th or Aug 30th.   Since our reception is going to be on the water at night and partly outside, i am worried that Aug 20th will be too hot and Sept 24th too cold?? 

anyone have any insight???

Thank you,
Mel

Re: Newport Wedding

• Options
    Vcole7002Vcole7002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually getting married on September 24th, 2011. And we were torn between September and June. Statistically September is a dryer month and there is only 2 degrees difference between them. I think your guests would prefer it cooler than hotter. You can always put on clothes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through the same Aug/Sept delimma almost the exact same dates to!

things to consider - Sept is a little more comfortable - less humidity and the tourists, while they are still around there are definitely less of them so everything from your pictures to your transportation becomes better, quicker and more efficient.

I booked in September - 26th 2010  I also thought it's easier to put on a layer than for the guests to be to hot during the outdoor ceremony.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on August 21, 2010 and was a bit concerned about the humidity but it is the driest month, September does lend itself to hurricanes and I am getting married on the water so there will be a nice cool breeze.  We checked out our site last year on the same date, it was humid but once we got to our location it was much cooler than in town.  Good luck, whatever you choose it will be great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with September, but I'm partial to cooler weather. They don't call them the "dog days of summer" for nothing. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go with september.. i'm jealous of all the autumn brides :-)
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If your reception is on the water I would hands down go for August. Even in July and early August if you are on the water at night it gets quite chilly. I always bring a sweater with me when I go out at night. September is usually pretty nice during the day but once the sun goes down it will be cold.
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if it's at night, I think the heat factor might not be as big. My husband was so funny about a summer wedding--he was dead set against it..especially in July or August for his fear of being in a tux and being hot and sweaty.

personally, i'd go for september...especially if it's in a touristy area..we got married the first weekend of October and it was sunny and 70..it's tricky..you just never know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards