Wisconsin

Which dress for an outdoor lakeside ceremony?

I think I've narrowed it down to two! I tried on a ton of dresses and these are the two that I just kept coming back to. I know this isn't a picture of me in the dress, and indeed, it does look completely different on me (I feel like the models look awkward). However, I thought I'd ask what you ladies thought of these two dresses:

Dress 1:

Dress 2:

Just some background info: the wedding will be at the Schlitz-Audubon, the ceremony will be outside and the reception will be inside but there will be an outdoor space for guests to socialize as well. During the ceremony, I will be walking down a runner covered in rose petals by lake Michigan. The wedding will also be in in the summer, I'm allergic to the sun, and heat bothers me, so I want a very comfortable and light weight dress.

Thanks ladies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot!

Re: Which dress for an outdoor lakeside ceremony?

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried the dresses on yet? That might help you make the desicion! I LOVED some dresses on the page, but looked horrible when I actually put them on.
  • edited December 2011
    I have tried both on. Dress 1- I love the fit,detail on the dress, and beading of it . Dress 2, I love how it makes my body look, how light weight it is, and the simplicity combined with a touch of lace. I can't decide!

I also ran into loving dresses in catalogs and hating them when I tried them on! With these dresses, I didn't like in the catalog, but loved them when I tried them on! It's funny how things work!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot!
  • Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dress 1 is gorgeous and the cut on the bottom is unique. The fabric of the skirt on Dress 2 isn't my favorite.
  • chloeredheadchloeredhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like both, I just know it can be really windy so maybe that will help choose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards