Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Stone Mill Inn Questions

I know that Stone Mill Inn books multiple events on Saturdays -- has anyone had any issues with the staff being able to transition from one event to the next?  Also, there seem to be some concerns with the catering since they only work with 3 caterers (I couldn't find any information -- price or menu -- for Unique Presentations online...?).  Does anyone have any feedback on how their food actually turned out?

Re: Stone Mill Inn Questions

• Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the stone mill on September 17, 2011. We just booked the place about a month ago and have yet to hear from unique presentations. I was told last week that in a day or two i'd have some sample menus emailed to me but nothing. I just emailed them again. They do not have  website that I'm aware of. I've been told their food is good and customizable to whatever you want and the food is fresh, made on the grounds that day but i haven't heard or met with them yet.

As far as transition i'm not sure about that either. I'm getting married in the early slot on that saturday. Was told we need to be out by 4. They've been doing it for years so I'm sure they are great at what they do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do know that they only book two per day... she will tell you your choices, but you have the option of booking the whole day for a bigger price if you are worried about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked at Stone Mill Inn for a summer a couple of years ago. The transitions were pretty smooth; they leave a couple of hours in between events for prep time. We never had any trouble getting ready. Sometimes, people were still working on finishing touches inside the mill during the ceremony, but we were always ready on time. If you're super worried, they only book one event on Friday, and I believe it's a bit cheaper.

I booked Stone Mill for May 22, 2011, and I'm using Unique Presentations. It's costing about $4,200 for a brunch buffet for 90 people--a bit steeper than I expected. I haven't done the tasting yet, but we got to eat the food when I worked there, and it was good!
  • Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are meeting with Unique Presentations next monday to go over a menu. Wow hope ours isn't $4200. Do you mind if I ask what you are having? Does that price include your cocktail hour as well? If i'm being too nosey just let me know. I'm just trying to prepare myself for what this is going to cost and keep my FI from having a heart attack at the table! lol
  • Options
    polleypocketpolleypocket member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took me awhile as well to get in touch with Unique Presentations.  Their food is a bit on the pricer side, but I know someone else that used them.  They said that the food was amazing!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards