Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Day-of Coordinator Recs

I've decided to bite the bullet and hire a day-of coordinator. I had a friend offer to do it for free, and everyone kept telling me to use her, but she's having a baby less than three months before the wedding and her older daughter is a flower girl. And, we're considering asking her to sing. I think she'll have enough on her mind. Someone please tell me it's the right decision even though it means squeezing it into the budget! I've contacted a few, but any recs would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Day-of Coordinator Recs

• shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Kelly with Sweat Pea Events and she is fabulous.   I received several referrals (from photpgraphers) that Wendy Kidd with Every Little Detail (?)  was great  -  I spoke with her on the phone and I really liked her.  I also heard that Rachel with Rachel Events is good - but she is yong and new.   Good luck  and I truly believe it's worth it if it gives me piece of mind (I haven't got there yet but I feel better)
  • edited December 2011
    Kelly of Sweet Pea or Tami of Tami Winn or WEdding day Bliss! DEFINITELY!!!
  • edited December 2011
    how much does one run and what do they do?
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Kathie Seeley of Grand Events.  She has been so awesome to work with so far!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pssst....Anna, don't tell Lynn this but if you have her, you don't really need a DOC...  :)

No, really, do it.  I think it's totally worth it.  And Lynn will thank you.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Side question - Anna - where are you getting married??
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shauna, Lynn, Lauren - Thanks! I've contacted them all!

Bridget - A day-of coordinator helps with the schedule, payments for vendors, reception set up/break down, and making sure everyone is where they need to be. So far, I've seen prices from $850-$1200.

Stephie - Ha! I think between Lynn and Glenn, they probably would have it covered! But having a designated person would make everyone happier, I'm sure ;)

bsn - Lakewood Theater in Dallas!

• edited December 2011
    thanks!
  • aphitxaphitx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Wendy Kidd and LOVED HER!!!!!!!  We actually just got a note in the mail from a guest about how much they LOVED our wedding.  :-)

She's not the cheapest coordinator, but worth EVERY PENNY!!  So glad we used her.  Tell her Amy sent ya!

There's someone else on here who's using her, too!
  • edited December 2011
    The other somebody that Amy is referring to as using Wendy Kidd is me.   Amy is right.  I totally agree that Wendy is amazing.  Although she is not  cheapest planner out there, she has different packages and will give you a customized quote based on your needs.   She has been so helpful during my planning process and very responsive to all of my many emails and questions.  
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer or Elicia with Altar Ego Weddings.  Their day of package is $650 or $750.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, Wendy was actually one of the first ones I contacted because she's gotten such rave reviews on here!

Donna - Jennifer's pricing has gone up, it's currently $850 for day of, for future reference :)
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ahh, thanks!  I'm glad I booked her earlier, then :)
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Rachel from Rachel Events....however she has been my coordinator for a while now. I'm pretty sure she has DOC packages only though! She sweet and will make sure everything runs very smoothly!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Rachel from Rachel Events also, and so far I love her.  She does have different package options but will also customize to your needs. 
    Photobucket
    12/25
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards