December 2012 Weddings

Christmas ornament favors?

Hi ladies!

My date is 12-22-12. We're doing kind of an old fashioned holiday theme. Lots of berries and pinecones, that kinda stuff. I need ideas for favors! We're kinda thinking of ornaments. Clear ones that I can maybe fill or write on. I want to incorporate our names and date so guests remember where it came from!!

If anyone has any ideas of ways to decorate these things that would be fabulous! I'm pretty crafty, but I don't have the best handwriting to sit and write on every ornament! Also if anyone knows where I can get the clear ornaments for a good price, that would be great too!

Thanks!

Re: Christmas ornament favors?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_christmas-ornament-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:5140b4f4-edb3-4300-bc4e-ada25446e002Post:ecae8db6-bcf1-440b-9074-003483e74a9c">Christmas ornament favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! My date is 12-22-12. We're doing kind of an old fashioned holiday theme. Lots of berries and pinecones, that kinda stuff. I need ideas for favors! We're kinda thinking of ornaments. Clear ones that I can maybe fill or write on. I want to incorporate our names and date so guests remember where it came from!! If anyone has any ideas of ways to decorate these things that would be fabulous! I'm pretty crafty, but I don't have the best handwriting to sit and write on every ornament! Also if anyone knows where I can get the clear ornaments for a good price, that would be great too! Thanks!
    Posted by justmanders[/QUOTE]

I plan on doing ornaments as well.  I plan to glue sparkles inside them,by swishing spray glue inside,then dumping in sparkles and shaking it. I don't have nice writing either, but i saw a tutorial on etsy to put words on glass the same way as kids tattoos work.  Apparently you can buy printer sheets from Michaels to do that.  I also plan to get the ornaments at Michael's once their christmas stuff is out.
  • I bought a ton of snowflake ornaments after Xmas last year for really cheap and will be giving those as favors to fit in with our snowflake/winter/holiday theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thats my date too! :) I'm planning on making salt dough ornaments in the shape of hearts, quick and simple.
  • annamhisleannamhisle member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I think that will be cute!!

We decided on CD favors with christmas tunes on it which includes lots of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Doris Day, Bing Crosby, etc.

PS- I would look on Pinterest for some ideas!
  • tmshipptmshipp member
    First Comment
    I am planning on doing ornaments as well!!!  I am hoping to grab eart shaped ornaments in all styles when Hobby Lobby does their 50% off sales.  I'm not crafty or patient enough to nake my own!!!  :)
  • tmshipptmshipp member
    First Comment
    I am planning on doing ornaments as well!!!  I am hoping to grab eart shaped ornaments in all styles when Hobby Lobby does their 50% off sales.  I'm not crafty or patient enough to nake my own!!!  :)
  • That is my date too!! And I too am looking for Christmas ornaments!!!! Congrats!!
  • Just a thought....

I bought the cheapo christmas ornaments from walmart...I strung them with a gold ribbon and a tag.  The tag was actually the guests placecards!  So, they had to remove the ornament from a tree to see where they had to sit.  This cost me about $50 to make and all the guests were excited by how unique it was!

At their seats, I had another favor for them which was a gold box wrapped in a gold ribbon with two pieces of chocolate inside.  

Good luck!!!
  • Yep..ornaments for me, too.  Sorry this is kind of a bad picture, but this is kinda our prototype..lol.  We took a sheet of styrofoam and rubbed it together to make the snow.  It kinda takes forever, but it is really chea and it looks like snow!  We also got one of those snowflake hole punches from Michaels for $1 and cut out snowflakes from silver glittery paper and put it inside of it.  We added a jinglebell inside, but it was too small..so I think we are going to get a bigger one.  We also tried adding glitter to the snow, but it was too heavy and just sunk to the bottom and didn't give me the look I was going for.  I think we are going to put our names on the tag and also the date and probably a scripture verse.  

We also decided we are going to use the same idea for our wishing tree..have the tags..empty ornaments..and then like 5 different bowls of stuff that people can use to decorate their own ornament.  i.e. glitter, snow, peppermints, bells, confetti, etc.  They can then write their wish on the tag and decorate a Christmas tree with it.  I'm actually really excited about this idea and I think it will be fun and cute!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_christmas-ornament-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:5140b4f4-edb3-4300-bc4e-ada25446e002Post:ecae8db6-bcf1-440b-9074-003483e74a9c">Christmas ornament favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! My date is 12-22-12. We're doing kind of an old fashioned holiday theme. Lots of berries and pinecones, that kinda stuff. I need ideas for favors! We're kinda thinking of ornaments. Clear ones that I can maybe fill or write on. I want to incorporate our names and date so guests remember where it came from!! If anyone has any ideas of ways to decorate these things that would be fabulous! I'm pretty crafty, but I don't have the best handwriting to sit and write on every ornament! Also if anyone knows where I can get the clear ornaments for a good price, that would be great too! Thanks!

<div>
    </div><div>Hi! My date is the 18th, so we're not too far apart! I have also decided to do ornaments as favors. I've decided to use christmas photo frame ornaments with a festive picture of us inside, then we are adding ribbon that has our names and the date. They have beautiful framed ornaments at Hobby Lobby. Just a thought! :) Have a great day!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_christmas-ornament-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:5140b4f4-edb3-4300-bc4e-ada25446e002Post:be3f1bb6-84a2-44f9-80a8-3ab9a38a772d">Re: Christmas ornament favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats my date too! :) I'm planning on making salt dough ornaments in the shape of hearts, quick and simple.
    Posted by CatLaney[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your idea of salt dough ornaments...I will be making these for my wedding now. Been wanting to do ornaments and everything is so expensive! Even buying the clear ones and doing it yourself is expensive. This is just such an awesome idea!
  • Getting married on 12/08/12 in New Orleans.  We are using glittered fleur de lis ornaments.  I found them on etsy.  The vendor is doing custom ribbon and gift bags.  
  • I am doing clear glass ornaments for my wedding as well!! My date is 12/15/12. I found cheap glass ornaments on Amazon. I'm filling the ornaments with white or silver glitter and tying a champagne or burgundy bow on them. I can't decide what to write on them but it will be in gold and silver.
    I'm doing a Christmas theme wedding but with champagne, burgundy, and ivory colors. Hope that helps  you!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_christmas-ornament-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:5140b4f4-edb3-4300-bc4e-ada25446e002Post:ecae8db6-bcf1-440b-9074-003483e74a9c">Christmas ornament favors?</a>:
  • Hello it's my date too
    i am  buying ornaments from Sears they are very cute,then i will wrap them in a silver or gold mesh veil from Jo'Ann it looks great
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_christmas-ornament-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:5140b4f4-edb3-4300-bc4e-ada25446e002Post:ecae8db6-bcf1-440b-9074-003483e74a9c">Christmas ornament favors?</a>:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards