November 2012 Weddings

Damn you Sandy!

Just need to vent..... I'm getting married this Saturday. I have two bridemaids that are trapped in NYC. They both aren't sure if they are going to be able to make the wedding. One is stuck there from a previous trip and is having her dress shipped from NC. Due to the weather her dress make not make it here from NC and waiting to see if flights resume so she can try to make it here. The other needed her dress taken in and the seamstress lost power before she could finish it. As this point, obviously most important piece is to have them here and remain safe. I don't care what they wear! Anyone else having post Hurricane problems? 

Re: Damn you Sandy!

• I am!  I'm also getting married Saturday and the hotel where I have over 100 guests staying at does not have power.  And my rehearsal dinner location also doesn't have power.  My dress is also still at the store - which doesn't have power.  Starting to seriously have a panic attack!

Although I know I should be grateful that all my friends and family are safe, it's hard to see the plans that have taken me 1.5 years to put together come apart so quickly.
  • Oh no, hugs to you both.  Hope the power comes back and things can resume as normal... still a couple of days until Saturday so hoping some positivity helps.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Sending lots and LOTS of positive thoughts your way, ladies!!! :(  The only issue we're having down here is lots of wind... what little fall color we have is getting stripped. In another week it'll be all gone. I can live with it, but my heart goes out to you guys :(  Are rental cars an option for getting the girls down from NY? Or bus or anything? Keeping my fingers crossed everything pans out for you!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so sorry ladies! I am glad that you and all of your friends and family are safe but I can understand your frustration. It would be heartbreaking after so long of planning for things to come apart. But I hope it will work out and things will be okay by saturday. Make sure you are loading up on vitamin C since your so stressed! I would hate to see you get a cold on top of everything from all of this stress taking a toll on your immune system.
  • I hope it works out for you all.  We are actually honeymooning in NYC in 2 weeks.  Our hotel in NJ has no power and the phone lines are so swamped I can't even get in touch with them to see what our options are.  I am hoping since it will be Thanksgiving week, a big week in NYC, that things will be better off than they are now.  We are taking the train from MA to NJ but right now Amtrak has suspended service.  Fingers crossed!!
  • I was supposed to be gettng married in Spring Lake, NJ tomorrow but our venue is still without power and there are travel restrictions in and out of town as well as a 6:00 p.m. curfew.  Needless to say, we've had to cancel tomorrow and hope to be able to reschedule within the next 3 weeks. 

Most of our guests are still without power as well so it is probably for the best.  Spent the day calling/texting and emailing all our guests and will have to go through the process all over again as soon as we confirm a new date as there will not be time to re-send new invitations.

The bottom line is that we will still be married (just a little later than planned) but all of our friends and family are safe which is the most important thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_damn-you-sandy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ccd642bf-73e4-46ca-b2f9-e308ffcf798bPost:ff8628cc-3408-4fc2-a225-69d925464345">Re: Damn you Sandy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was supposed to be gettng married in Spring Lake, NJ tomorrow but our venue is still without power and there are travel restrictions in and out of town as well as a 6:00 p.m. curfew.  Needless to say, we've had to cancel tomorrow and hope to be able to reschedule within the next 3 weeks.  Most of our guests are still without power as well so it is probably for the best.  Spent the day calling/texting and emailing all our guests and will have to go through the process all over again as soon as we confirm a new date as there will not be time to re-send new invitations. The bottom line is that we will still be married (just a little later than planned) but all of our friends and family are safe which is the most important thing.
    Posted by mjones1010[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say what a great attitude! Talk about grace under pressure, good for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_damn-you-sandy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:ccd642bf-73e4-46ca-b2f9-e308ffcf798bPost:900da59f-69c5-4031-be94-055913ace113">Re: Damn you Sandy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no, hugs to you both.  Hope the power comes back and things can resume as normal... still a couple of days until Saturday so hoping some positivity helps.
    Posted by librababy[/QUOTE]

Yes, ditto! Thinking of you ladies and hope everything works out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was supposed to get married in Sea Bright tomorrow.  Sea Bright is devastated, completely recked, needless to say the wedding is cancelled.  I have been planning this for over 2 years.  Also, my fiance owns a condo in Sea Bright, which got flooded - no insurance, and we have been without power for 4 days.  I just hope we are able to fly out on our "honeymoon" Tuesday - I hear some flights are being cancelled. 
  • Oh man. I feel for you guys. All this planning. Your attitudes are pretty amazing. It puts it in perspective that the day isn't as important as the marriage and the lives and health of those you love. 
  • I was suppose to get married 11/11 and our venue in Long Beach, NY is flooded. We were forced to reschedule. Our friends and family as well as ourselves are safe so that is the most important thing. It does suck though! We have yet to decide when we are going to reschedule for.
  • My wedding was scheduled for Saturday November 3 on a yacht. The day after the hurricane we called the venue and made them reschedule our wedding to November 17th. My guest are all apreciative since most still do not have power or gasoline for their cars. We are currently packing to go on the honeymoon that we were not able to reschedule. Despite things turning out untraditionaly I am greatful we are all alive and thankful for the love my soon to be husband and I share.
  • Our wedding venue cannot host our reception since Sea Bright, NJ is uninhabitable. We feel fortunate that this and no power are our problems when some have lost all. I still don't know if my apartment in Ocean Grove 1 1/2 blocks from the beach is still standing. We have decided to proceed with our wedding and found a new venue 3 nights ago. We are grateful and excited to be getting married next Saturday November 10th and would encourage everyone in a similar situation to try and keep perspective. I understand it isn't easy or ideal, but some have lost all. With that said we could use help with the following: groomsmans' gifts ordered week before storm haven't arrived, in need of hotel rooms in Cranford/Linden NJ area for Friday November 9th and in Belleville NJ area Saturday November 10th, girls dresses haven't been hemmed and bridal shop has had no power, concerned about the tuxes from the same place, haven't been able to reach anyone....and btw it is not at all lost on me that the entire theme of my wedding is the beach, the favors are shells and the table names are NJ towns now destroyed by Sandy!
  • I was supposed to be married on Nov 3rd on Long Island. Our venue didn't have power or a generator. So, we had to reschedule the wedding for Dec 15th. It is much better. Things have calmed down and our guests won't cancel and be afraid of the gas issue. However, I had to calll so many people and we only lost about 5 people from the original date. I did lose out on my favors that were candy apples, but I wind up giving them to another bride who did have her reception on the same day and her favors never came in. I was sad about it but the family that did come up spent time with me and we had a great time! I think of all of those people who lost their homes and I think that rescheduling my wedding is not nearly as bad as what these people went through. I will send out just little reminders of the new wedding date. i was lucky that I got the same time and places and my vendors were available for the new date. Looking forward to a Christmas themed wedding now.
  • We rescheduled for Jan 19, 2013 a few weeks later than normal but we are happy we are getting married and we upgraded from a restaurant to a fancier venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards