Hawaii
Options

Tent options

I'm getting married in August on Sugarman estate in south Maui and am considering tent options. I am a bit concerned about rain and more concerned about the wind. I believe the wind dies down around sunset but there is an hour of reception before the sun sets. I just remember it being extremely windy when I vacationed in hawaii before. So my tent options are tent as backup (cheapest), clear top tent set up (more expensive, protects from rain but still looks nice), and clear top tent with side flaps (most expensive, protects from rain and wind, still looks nice).

What do you ladies think?

Thanks!

Re: Tent options

• Options
    I opted out of a tent.  I wanted a wedding outside so I could look up and see the stars. I was worried about the weather but deep sown I knew it was going to be a beautiful day.  I think at this point your paying for peace of mind.  I voted for back up option.
  • Options
    It hardly ever rains in South Maui.....I doubt you'll need to use it!  Just get the cheapest option because 10 years from now (or even 1 year from now), nobody is gonna remember that you went for the cheapest tent (especially since you probably won't need to use it!)....think of what you could do with the money you save! :)

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. That's what I needed to hear. I guess now that I'm heading into my last month, I keep imagining the worst case scenarios and am over reacting / over thinking everything!
  • Options

Definitely get a tent, you are not over reacting at all!! The day before our wedding Maui had the worst storm they had seen in three years and I can't even imagine if we were married on that day with no tent. Thankully it was clear skies for our wedding day but I would definitely get a tent or at least have a backup just in case. I think the tent added to the ambience and looked amazing. Here's a pic of ours. GL;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_tent-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:1e5fb2be-a2c7-4176-9b5a-ab864068d18fPost:b1f62eb9-1751-49ff-a77e-61470dae459e">Re: Tent options</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely get a tent, you are not over reacting at all!! The day before our wedding Maui had the worst storm they had seen in three years and I can't even imagine if we were married on that day with no tent. Thankully it was clear skies for our wedding day but I would definitely get a tent or at least have a backup just in case. I think the tent added to the ambience and looked amazing. Here's a pic of ours. GL;)    
    Posted by SunshinyLees[/QUOTE]

I love the look of the clear top tent with lanterns!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards