Military Brides
Options

Picking a date that suits the Navy

HI all, SOO, I didn't see this board before posting in Newly Engaged so I'll past here now.

Here's my problem:

My FI and I want to pick an approximate date, you know the, this year, next year, five years from now, kind of date.

I have two years left in college and will be applying to OCS my last year. My hope is to be accepted and go sometime after my May 2013 graduation. I was also hoping to get married after graduation because I am a bit loathe to asking my mother her permission to break the promise I made when I was little to not marry before I graduate college.

Another complication is that my brother is in the "won't get married if he's not at the wedding" category and he's stationed in Guam and serves on a sub. He feels that if I can give him 6 months warning he can make it happen but if he's got to be on the sub that is that.

Finally, my FI is VERY seriously considering going into the Navy (we're a big Navy family) as an Aviation rescue swimmer when he graduates May 2012.

So the question is when do we try to aim for a wedding. Do I ask to break my promise, do I try and squeeze it in after graduation and risk a very rushed planning (I may not know about OCS for a long time, Fall 2012 at the earliest), do I wait till after all my and his naval training, or do we have a court marriage before any of our trainings to make paper-work easier and have our wedding after all our training. I always dreamed of an intimate mountain wedding at a family friends home and want it done right but I'm afraid of the struggle we might have with housing and getting stationed on the same side of the country etc. if we wait.
PersonalMilestone

Re: Picking a date that suits the Navy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards