Delaware

Dress Shopping in DE

Hi! I'm a recently engaged girl (yay) and starting to think about dress shopping. I actually live in TN now, but my family has a house at the beach in DE. I'm thinking of making dress shopping a girls weekend at the beach house with my Mom & MOH, but I don't know where to go! Any suggestions of good places to look for a dress in DE???? Any help would be great!

Thanks! 

Re: Dress Shopping in DE

• edited December 2011
    If you are going to be around the beaches, Lennox East Beach Bride in Fenwick Island is where I got my dress.  The owner is very nice and most of their prices seemed to be reasonable.  I think she has a website if you want to look at what designers she carries - I know she carries Mori Lee, Mary's Bridal, Maggie Sottero, and Venus Bridal offhand.  They are open Tuesday-Saturday.  Hope that helps! 
  • seross82seross82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! Our house is in Bethany so that would be really close. We wouldn't mind going further out if we have to, but if there are some there thats helpful too! 

• edited December 2011
    You're welcome.  There is also a bridal shop in Millsboro called Candlelight Bridal.  I haven't been there, but that would be another place to check out while you are in the area.  I also searched and there is a bridal shop in West Ocean City called Blue Moon Boutique.  Another option would be to look up bridal shops in Salisbury, MD.  It's about a 40 minute drive, but may have more options for you.  Good luck and have fun shopping!
  • edited December 2011

Congrats on your engagement!  I'm from N. Wilmington, but my family has a beach house in Lewes.  There is a bridal shop up on Rt. 1  called Bridal Boutique. It's in Milford (before Dover).  There is also a bridal shop in Dover called Simon's Bridal Shoppe.  I went there and the staff was very friendly and helpful. 

• wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mrs.Lura - My mom tried that place for Mother's drwesses...gah! they all were lace w/ a ton of glitter & snagged even on the hangers. lol
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't get my gown there but I did try gowns on there back in 2008.  I wound up getting my gown from Alfred Angelo in Lancaster. 
  • edited December 2011
    Simon's in Dover does have a big selection. I found my Maggie Sottero dress there but didn't actually buy it from there. It may be worth the trip.
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i stopped in at simon's for my sister's wedding...they didn't seem to have much to try on...if anything to try on at all...& same problem w/ the mother's dresses as the place in milford.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • seross82seross82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! We're definitely going to check out East Lennox in Fenwick and if that doesn't work we'll move onto Milford! :) I'm so excited!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards