Offbeat Weddings

theme ideas

Hey Everyone,
 I trying to deciede if I want to do a Carnival (you know candied apples, cotten candy etc) A Midsummer Night's Dream Theme, or  a "musicials" theme (we both love and have been in musicals)...

votes and thoughts people?

Re: theme ideas

• I think that if your Fi and you both love musicals you guys should go with that. It's something that both of you love and will really make it fun to plan. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well we both have ties to a midsummer night dream too...and I had always wanted to do the carnival thing which also kinda means something to us...ugh...I hate decisions...lol..
  • honestly I am more of a fan of subtle (not obvious) themes, I think your focus should be on what really represents you as a couple, this might end up being more in the details then in the overall theme, not just what theme might be fun. We are not having a theme apart from our colours and that its going to be laid back, but we are having pinatas because of my background, and wearing DC's (FI and I) because FI is a skater...I think if theres a theme that really calls to you (like the DR.who theme, or a rockstar theme that others have posted about) by all means do it, but dont try and come up with a theme for the purpose of having a theme...

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Budget will definitely play in. Some of those theme are much more expensive then the others.
  • Neverland also now..that's another theme idea....
  • What about grease? The last scene takes place at a carnival.. You could work musicals and carnival into one that way. :)
  • What about grease? The last scene takes place at a carnival.. You could work musicals and carnival into one that way. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards