Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Do you think this would look weird? (Flowers)

Wedding colors are apple green, purple, and black with a bit of damask. Bridesmaids will be wearing purple. I'm thinking the flower girl dresses will be black and white damask on the bodice, white tulle skirt and a purple sash around the waist (check out my planning bio for a better idea of what I'm describing). For flowers I'd like to find something green for the BMs and flower girls. Maybe green spider mums? But for myself, I saw some mango calla lillies and I LOVE them. But woulld it look weird for me to have a totally different color bouquet?
Survived major c-section complications which led to massive blood transfusion, hysterectomy, BSO and pulmonary embolism. Very thankful to be alive to raise my kids! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you think this would look weird? (Flowers)

• Options
    MagentaMMagentaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it if that's what you like. It's Vegas so anything goes, plus colourful weddings are in right now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Using colors is fun, but I think that with your colors and the use of a damask print with the oragne flowers maybe a little busy.  That being said it is your day and if it makes you happy you should go for it. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be weird, but..... I think sometimes too many colors could get a little much when trying to coordinate. IMO :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So maybe I should do purple flowers for the bridesmaids and eliminate the green... hmmm :) I just love the mango calla lillies!
    Survived major c-section complications which led to massive blood transfusion, hysterectomy, BSO and pulmonary embolism. Very thankful to be alive to raise my kids! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the calla lillies too, I used the picasso call lillies (white w/the purple inside), and the BM had the purple calla lillies mixed w/roses. They looked completely different but it made the cake table pop, so if you're using the WP flowers as centerpieces too, I'd consider what look you're going for.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love mango calla lilies. Maybe you can incorporate the calla lilies and few spider mums into your bouquet to tie it together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should have whatever bouquet you love! My flowers aren't matchy matchy. I think it is more modern not to be too matchy matchy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards