Canada-Ontario
Options

Reception venues

Hi there,
I am new and just beginning to try and figure things out.  i am looking for a nice, warm venue in and around peel or york region for a reception of about 60-70 people. 
I can't for the life of me remember anything I've looked up before int he area.  I'd like something with nice grounds for a possible September wedding.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Reception venues

• Options
    edited December 2011

Depending on how far east you want to go, our venue is going to be a historic home in Markham, called "Heintzman House" (I love it; it's beautiful!).

There is no minimum number of people, but the max that can be accomodated well is 120.  We're doing everything there.

You can see photos of the ballroom set up here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=491811865574&set=o.57027167839

Current prices (until Jan 1) for the rental in September are: $1319 on Fridays, $1998 on Saturdays, and $1009 Mon - Thur.

You supply your own catering though, so that might be a problem for you.

Good luck on your search!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to drive a bit, take a look at Spencer's on the Waterfront in Burlington.  We booked our wedding there  - it's stunning and very reasonable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just going to contradict iluvdiamonds here.  Spencers definitely is stunning but "very reasonable" depends on your price point.  To get a decent dinner package (not a cocktail reception) it was $126 pp plus tax/tip (makes it $165 pp), plus room rental ($1900) which worked out to about $180 pp (for 125 people).  For 65 people it would work out to $195 pp.

Too expensive for us.  But definitely a stunning venue, especially for a smaller wedding of 65 people which would fit nicely in the Observatory.

• Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_reception-venues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:01b6e8e5-7446-4132-a517-10d32a9fa1a0Post:740c1438-0b64-4f95-8cce-c94e10af349c">Re: Reception venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just going to contradict iluvdiamonds here.  Spencers definitely is stunning but "very reasonable" depends on your price point.  To get a decent dinner package (not a cocktail reception) it was $126 pp plus tax/tip (makes it $165 pp), plus room rental ($1900) which worked out to about $180 pp (for 125 people).  For 65 people it would work out to $195 pp. Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

WOW!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_reception-venues-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:01b6e8e5-7446-4132-a517-10d32a9fa1a0Post:9acd673a-2065-4a60-9f31-aaa8e3f5c6c5">Re: Reception venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reception venues : WOW!!
    Posted by mattycam[/QUOTE]

I'll clarify: we booked a wedding on Sunday and got an afternoon, cocktail style reception (with stations and casual seating) and a full bar.  I'm not sure if their pricing has since changed when we booked in July...we are paying about $80 PP with observatory rental, food and bar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards