Louisiana-New Orleans

My dream New Orleans wedding

I normally would never post or blog or whatever. BUT, when I was planning my wedding I used these community discussions a lot to choose my vendors and I thought I would repay the favor, because my vendors were incredible.

I am not from NOLA but have been here for 10+ years and since attending my first wedding here, I knew I had to have a traditional NOLA wedding.

All of these vendors were amazing, so I will avoid repeating that again. They were all very responsive, professional, and extremely easy to work with during the wedding. I rated all of the as 5 of 5 stars. I would recommend highly all of them.

Michaels’ Catering  - the food was incredible. They revised my menu with me many times all the while being very patient with me. They worked with me to choose foods and quantities to keep the price down. They have  amazing prices for the most delicious food and the BEST open bar choices.  We were THRILLED with their service. They also go above and beyond and almost act like a wedding planner in helping to set up the venue and taking care of the bride and the groom.

Gallier Hall – They are difficult to get on the phone, but once you do it is SO VERY MUCH worth it. The price is great for the most beautiful venue in town. Wanda is fantastic and easy to work with, when they answer the phone.  You can tell she has done many weddings and her suggestions on what I needed were very accurate. They can provide the tables and chairs and set up everything. We had about 100 people and this was the perfect size for us. Gallier Hall makes for an amazing time and beautiful pictures. It truly took my breath away.

Cara with Escapes Flowers – I gave Cara complete artistic control after discussing my price limitations and she really delivered. All of the flowers including the bouquets, table flowers, and aisle flowers were incredible. She also gave us extra boutonnieres  just in case ours wilted and I thought that was incredibly considerate.  She delivered not only the flowers but also anything else I needed, I just dropped stuff off with her and she included it with her delivery.

Flour Power – For our wedding cake we did 6 different flavors of 6 inch cakes rather than a traditional  wedding cake. They were all super delicious. Ever guest had at least 6 pieces of cake that night. I also was able to drop off my cake plates to them and they delivered those as well all set up.

Rob Savoy – Our officiant far and exceeded our expectations. He was there to keep us calm up to the wedding and the day of as well.  We did not do a rehearsal and he made it happen flawlessly for us the day of even without a rehearsal. He wrote the most beautiful vows for us, we will never forget the beautiful and meaningful vows we spoke to each other. He was so incredibly fantastic and took care of all of the paperwork as well. He was just such a sweet and caring guy and made the ceremony about us. It was perfect.

LA Spice – They made the wedding so much fun. All of the guests commented on how much fun the band was. Thomas was there for me before the wedding with a few key conversations that calmed me down and he had great suggestions for the wedding based on his experience. He and the band made the night incredibly fun.

Napoleon House –We had our rehearsal dinner here. We had a lot of out of town guests so it was reception style. The food was great and the open bar was outstanding. It was also super fun to have a balcony in the quarter. Great location and an incredible price!

Yvonne La Fleur – I got my wedding dress here. All of their dressing are stunning and under $2000 and that includes alterations.  I was so thrilled to find my dress here. All of the girls are so nice too.

Pretty Please Hair and Makeup – Natasha and Joann are my hair and makeup angels. They made me look prettier than I have ever looked in my life.  I had my 6 person bridal party getting ready with us and only one girl signed up for makeup. After the other 5 saw what a great job Joann did with the make up, the other 5 wanted to have their s done too. Joanna and Natasha remained calm and patient and everyone looked incredible. A few agreed this was the best they had ever looked.

Fine Arts Ensemble – For ceremony music, Dimitri worked with me last minute to get a violinist to my ceremnony. Gabriel did an outstanding job. So many guests commented on the amazing violinist.

Scriptura – I knew I would pay a little more for invitations at Scriptura, but it was well worth it. Our invites were gorgeous and perfect. Many guests commented on how our invites matched our personalities. I cannot wait to frame them.

Talia Anton- Did our calligraphy. She did an outstanding job.

Matthew Foster Photography – He was incredible. He made himself part of my family and friends. He and his assistant Liz went above and beyond our expectation.  Every one of the 1000 pictures he gave me are stunning. He was so kind and charming. I am speechless as to how grateful I am for him to have been a part of our wedding and to have given me such beautiful pictures.

NOLA  Second Lines – This was the best decision I have ever made. Mike Raborn set up a second line with a brass band from Gallier Hall to Ernst Café. Locals and out of town guests alike commented that it was the most fun thing they have ever done. Mike turned this out for me with 2 weeks notice and it was flawless. He books all of the logistsics, the band, the cops, the permits, etc.  It was by far the most amazing experience of my life and worth every dollar.

Re: My dream New Orleans wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards