Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

s/o towels....

I somehow manage to discolor all of mine, even better quality ones. I'm guessing it must be some shower or after-shower product that I'm using, because it doesn't happen when DH uses the same towels. Does this happen to anyone else? It's really frustrating.

Vacation

Re: s/o towels....

• edited December 2011
    I have some that have done that!  Mostly it is washcloths that I use to wash my face, I believe it is my face wash. 

Unfortunately, I've also discolored my comforter and bed sheets before!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Yep, I use Proactiv and it does that. I learned the hard way that I have to use white towels to dry my face off. I wouldn't think that shower products would do that, but who knows.

On a side note, the set of towels that we did get from our registry still cover me in blue fuzz! I don't get it, b/c they are better quality towels too. I have washed them at least 5 times and they still do that (not as bad though). So I just use my ones from college days  b/c I actually like them better!
  • reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I have some decent green colored towels that now have yellowy bleach-looking marks on them. But I have never bleached them. I dont know what caused it...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Happens all the time to ours because DH uses a wash that contains benzoyl peroxide.  Even our good towels!  So, I've relegated him to only the white towels.  We registered for only tan and white towels (yes, we are that boring).  The tan ones are in hiding (and he doesn't know where they are).
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, glad I'm not the only one. I was tihnking that I might need to buy white towels, but the aqua ones I have are just so much prettier!

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    I registered for green Lacoste towels! I'm so excited for those!!!

I remember you saying this a while ago Kim- I cant believe they are still doing that!

I can not wait till I get some new towels- we're still using our crappy ones from college! I actually cant wait till my shower for a few reasons- but one is to start using some nice things and not all our crappy stuff from college days. Our house seriously looks ridiculous with everything old and nothing matching!
  • edited December 2011

We only have white towels for this very reason.  Proactiv ruined all of my mom's towels.  We have a few blue towels for our future guest bath, but I accidentally ruined a few of those too.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I ditto dicer, we have only white towels and white sheets on all beds/all bathrooms.  We both use benzyl peroxide washes and ointments.  I'd rather invest in white towels that are quality than keep ruining pretty colored ones.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    This happens to us.  We think it's a combination of the face soap we use and the whitening agents in our toothpaste.  it sucks.  We've registered for all white towels because of this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    This happens to me but only on blue or blueish things. Sometimes on clothes too!

My buttercream towels are fine, my red towel from college is fine, etc. Hopefully it doesn't start happening to my new cream towels.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I use white towels so I can bleach them. I haven't discolored any towels, but DH does.
    I think it is acne wash and pH balance in his case.

I discolor every white towel with black mascara, though. So my really nice towels are actually black!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards