Plus-Sized

Swimwear

Hi ladies!

Any thoughts on where to find a swim suit for the honey moon?! I'm a size 16/18
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Swimwear

• target has cute ones. 
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I usually do well at JC Penny
  • I bought a Miracle suit from Lane Bryant and I love it. It fits great and looks great on me. The regular price for the suit is something like $120, but I bought it during one of their sales and got it for half off. Torrid also has some cute suits, but I'm not sure how pricey they are. I bought my last suit from Target, but it didn't have a lot of support in the top.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • m tullim tulli member
    First Comment
    I always have had great luck with torrid and one year I got one from Lane Bryant that worked out well.  
    85image 71image 14image
  • Land's End has THE BEST fuller-figured swimsuits  that don't look like granny suits.  They aren't cheap, but they're running sales right now.  I've had amazing luck with the quality.  They also have 2 piece suits that aren't bikinis, and you can get shorts or a skirt as the bottom if you aren't comfortable with a regular bottom.  And you buy each piece separately, in case you need a different size top and bottom. 
  • Macys has a cute selection
  • Torrid has some cute ones.  I just bought mine from Old Navy.   I got a black tankini and a pair of cute swim shorts.  I love them.  

• alwaysforme.com has really awesome longer flattering and retro print plus size suits and separates. I will be ordering from them for my honeymoon!
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I will second the Lands End suggestion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I bought mine at Avenue...but wait for their sales....I have never paid full price for one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like my old navy ones.  If you want to be more modest the ruffle tankini is cute.  I wear a bikini some times and I get those at VS, depending on your cup size you could look there.  The Lands End ones look really cute but I don't want to spend that much.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i just got a new mailer from Lane Bryant - it looks like they are offering the tankini tops in bra sizes - not sure if they always did this but i think it might help for a better fit - thinking i will be going this route
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • I just bought 2 really cute suits at old navy today.  both one piece suits, one has a retro look with scrunching in the mid section (bonus).  the other is very small leopard print, not my first choice but the top is molded and has underwire, and the straps go over the shoulder, not around the neck.   they were on sale for $20 bucks each!!!!

• I think I got mine at either Marshall's or Target. More expensive than I usually went for but I got mine some three years ago and I just wore it last weekend, still fits and still keeps its shape!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm a size 22 and I fit Old Navy's XXL. The one pieces fit really well.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • got an adorable one at kohls 
  • I shop at swimsuitsforall.com. they specialize in finding the right suits to fit your body! I got one that slims my tummy and makes my girls look great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you have time to get it shipped, try simplybe.com.  I just bought 4 for my honeymoon in August and they're really cute!  They're a little pricey but always running sales like 30% off your first order.  They ship from England so expect to wait about a week for it to arrive.  I found that their clothes run a little bit big and usually order a size smaller (I wear a 20 at Avenue, but order a very comfortable 18 from simplybe... another plus... it always feels good to put on a smaller size!)  But fair warning, the clothes are cut for busty girls... I wear a 40D and sometimes feel like my girls are swimming in them!

Best of luck!

Nicole
  • You didn't really say what your price range is and what type of suit your comfortable in, For a general suit that is not too pricey try http://www.swimsuitsforall.com or http://www.swimsuitsjustforus.com/ or http://www.simplybe.com. If you are looking for a custom made suit, also including bikinis for plus sizes in the price category up is a company called http://www.loveyourpeaches.com . And if you willing to really lay down some money but want a totally awesome looking suit  there are places like http://www.sorellaswim.com/ . Hope this was helpful.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • I got mine at Torrid for $4 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards