Christian Weddings

Could use some prayer

This isn't some 'major ciris' or nothing like that, but I could just use some prayer right now. 
I am living in Africa right now, and my FI is back in the States. We are not going to see eachother until July of 2013. Our wedding is in August 2013. I
t's already been 6 months since we have seen eachother, and it is getting REALLY hard. We both are completley 'done' with the seperation, yet there is no way I can go back until July. 
We could both use some prayer for patience and just help in keeping God first and not getting distouraged. The last month the internet over here in Africa has not worked real well,  and he just moved into a new house, and the internet doesn't work there either, so we can't even hardly talk. 
Hope this makes sense and so you know how to pray. :-/

Re: Could use some prayer

• I very much understand.  My husband and I, while we were dating, did international long distance, and we once went 10 months without seeing each other.  I was in the US, and he was in Brazil.  It was extremely hard.  In fact, we're doing US-Brazil again now, and the first month or two was rough for me.  It's awful, and I don't know what to say other than try to surround yourself with loving, caring, and understanding friends (since family is likely not around).  Feel free to scream at Skype a few times when it does its constant dropping and freezing.  Try to find a good book to help occupy you (maybe even one about faith to help you grow closer to God).  Or write a journal to your husband.  The time will pass, and your relationship will be even stronger in the end.  It's hard, but we'll pray for you.
  • Long international relationships suck :(  *hugs*  Gjones is a pro though and she has really good advice.  I will be praying for you and your FI.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• praying! I love GJones' advice about the journal
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bet this is super hard. I will pray for you both. 
  • Thanks for the prayers and advice. I know the time will pass, but it seams like July is 10 year away! :-p It will get better I hope once we get into the new year. :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards