Maine

6800 dollar budget help?

HI, we are getting married in sept, and i still need a venue and a caterer if i need one and a DJ. i feel like im fallinf behind. Please help with any ideas :)

Stacee

Re: 6800 dollar budget help?

• edited December 2011
    What area of Maine are you looking at to have your ceremony and reception?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Stacee, you and I have around the same budget. and I am also planning a Sept. Wedding. 

like caseynette asked- whereabouts in Maine is your wedding going to be? its a large area with lots of different option!
  • edited December 2011

I am planning on it being in southern maine, around sebago or portland

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at Season's Event and Conference Center (Molly is having her reception there too).

For a little under 100 people, my reception cost about $4000.  That included a cocktail hour with a few different food options, $500 worth of open bar, chair covers, and fancier linens on the tables (all of those are optional).  The food was unbelievable and Tracy, the event coordinator, is amazing. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I just joined the boards and wanted to tell new brides about some of my experiences with our wedding. We had I Do Spas, Maine's only traveling day spa and beauty travel out for our hair and makeup. They are awesome and inexpensive. You might want to check them out on facebook. Sebago is so beautiful, congratulations and good luck.
  • I am a photographer. I own Focus on You Photography if you are looking for a budget friendly photographer. Please feel free to check out my albums. I charge $400 for 5 hours and $75 per hour after. I only charge .40 cents per mile if the wedding is farther than 20 miles from my location.  Happy wedding planning! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Focus-On-You-Photography/196853363710708
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards