Delaware

So tell me...

who/what are u doing for you ceremony music?
~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd

Re: So tell me...

• khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since I'm having my ceremony and reception at the same time, I'm just having the DJ come an hour early and play the ceremony music.

IDK what my lovley ladies are going to walk into, but I am walking into Pachabels Cannon, and we are leaving to the trumpet voluntary!
  • edited December 2011
    Since I am having a religious ceremony in a church, music is a bit more intense than if it were just a marriage ceremony (we are actually doing a worship service with the marriage part stuck in the middle).  I have to meet with both the pastor and with the music director/organist to get it all taken care of.
  • edited December 2011
    i have absolutely not made any decisions, but I think an acoustic version of ben harper's "Forever" would be beautiful to walk down the aisle to.
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tht's cool. i'm starting to lean towards hiring a Celtic Harp. but i'm not sure what songs to use if i do so.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a solo guitarist and I havn't made music selections yet... so thats somehting I need to work on.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're just using our DJ.  BM/MOH will walk to Claire de Lune.  I'm walking to the beginning of Forrest Gump Suite.  We will recess to Stevie Wonder's Signed Sealed Delivered.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in FIs church with a full mass, so we have to meet with the music director to find out what our song options are.

• edited December 2011
    we're having an outdoor ceremony so we have a guitar/flute duo and therefore all of our music will be instrumental.  We ended up choosing all Beatles songs.  The bridal party will walk to "In My Life", I will walk to "Here Comes the Sun", we'll recess to "The Two of Us"
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • edited December 2011
    Harps are beautiful! I wanted a string quartet, but can't afford it. We're have a catholic ceretomony and using the organ with a violin to get that string sound I love!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love Harp music, but couldn't afford one for my wedding.  My DJ came early and played the ceremony music.  MOB walked down to Cannon in D, BP walked down to "Autumn" by Vivaldi, and I walked down to the Bridal March (a soft, slow instrumental version).  The recessional was Hallelujah by Handel. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using a string trio.  Now I am trying to figure out songs for everyone.  I have such a headache.  BTW- Apologies ladies, I was on this board months ago and am now stopping in and out.  Hope no one is mad!!
  • jacqcfjacqcf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married on the green at a country club so I wanted something very islandy. I was actually thinking of the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Isreal Kamakawawiwo'ole> YouTube it.

It's a little different but the words mean a lot to me because of my mom passing away last year. She always liked this song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards