Maryland
Options

Venue advice

Hi! I'm new here and so excited to start planning our wedding. I'm a little lost though so I'm looking for advice.

Here's what I envision: Late afternoon or early evening ceremony with soft lighting, small wedding. Then the reception in a dining room area of a restaurant. Being this is a second wedding for both of us we want to keep it intimate and simple.

We're in the Cecil County area of Maryland. I truly have no idea how to start so I'm looking forward to getting any ideas I can.

Thank you!

Re: Venue advice

• Options
    Do you want to stay in Cecil County or are you looking elsewhere as well?  Do you want the ceremony and reception in the same place or different location?

Since you want your reception in a restaurant your best bet would be to decide on what type of food you and your FI love and then begin looking at restaurants that provide it.  Also look for restaurants that have private rooms...you don't want to be stuck in the middle of a busy dinner crowd for your reception.

Have you given any thought to a backyard wedding?  That is if you have a nice yard.  It can still be elegant and intimate and you can bring in a caterer for the evening or hire a personal chef since you want to keep it small.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards