California-Central

Planning a Bakersfield Wedding on a Budget

Hello Ladies,

Are there any of you who live in Bakersfield? I am planning my wedding on a major budget. I am going with somewhat "traditional," as it is in a Catholic Church. So I was wondering if anyone out there is familiar with this little town of ours and if you have any tips and/or suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: Planning a Bakersfield Wedding on a Budget

• Jess+MasonJess+Mason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm located in Bakersfield but we're getting married on the coast.  We are using some vendors from here though!  We just started working with Jenae from Matinae Design Studio for our STDs and she's been wonderful (there is a post from someone else below and we heard great things about her from our friends) and we are also looking to book Jessica Fray or Jennifer Williams for photography and have them travel with us to our location.  Those photographers have good rates and Matine Design Studio charges amazing rates from custom invitations and all of the other printed stuff for weddings.  Plus you get to have control over everything since it is custom!  Hope that helps!  What church are you getting married at?
  • BreannaNicoleBreannaNicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janae at Matinae Design Studios is amazing! I didn't use her, but I know the work she has done and it is top notch.
    82 image 24 image 11 image 47 image
    RSVP August 27, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Bakersfield and newly engaged!  I have no idea what/when/where and I don't know how to begin!  Actually, what I would really like is to elope and come back and have a big party for the reception.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards