Wisconsin
Options

Please Help!!!!

So I'm getting married this October and I have yet to pick a reception site. Everyplace that looks nice and has reasonable prices is already booked. Only 65 guest will be attending (close relatives and a few good friends), but a lot of venues have a 100 guest minimum. His parents offered to have it at there home in Delafield, although it would save us a ton of money, that's just not how I pictured our wedding. Does anyone know a place that might not be booked for October 10, 2010 or has anyone attended or has had an at home wedding?

Re: Please Help!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Villa Filomena? What is your price point?
    Soon to be mama to a lil boy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a home wedding years ago, with low expectations. It turned out to be one of the best times I had at a wedding.  The couple were friends of the family, they were so sweet, and kept everything casual.  I loved it.  
    I will add, it was outdoors in the summer.  They rented a tent and all the tables and such.  So, for October, I can't comment. 

Indoors, have you tried the Charles Allis Museum on the East Side? It's a smaller place and I have seen a friends photos who attended a wedding there.  It looked beautiful, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am only having 50 people at my wedding, and I booked Hotel Metro and Pabst Mansion.  Both beautiful places!  Also, I always recommend Joey Buona's because I love the food and atmosphere!  I would have booked with them but they were already booked when I looked!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your style/ price point??
    For smaller weddings...
    Villa Terrace ($$$$)
    Villa Filomena($$$)
    EIsner Museum in the Third Ward($$$)
    Hotel Metro($$-$$$) (thinking of Zen Den)
    Schiltz Audobon($$)
    Hubbard Lodge($$-$$$)

The last two are very autumn-y. Very rustic, but GORGEOUS!!! Great photo opps there too.

Best of luck to you!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried restaurants like Roots or Palms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the PP's have great ideas...

Palms has a gorgeous upstairs room... not sure what kind of band/music access they have.

Hotel Metro has a really cute, "smaller" room that might work

I'm sure its probably expensive, but maybe the Iron Horse? 

Otherwise, I think home weddings can be a blast... After an outdoor shower at my parent's home, I half wished we could have just done the wedding there!  And... October 10th is early enough that the weather should still be nice....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Milwaukee Public Market and the coordinator is great to work with. They don't do a lot of weddings, because they are still sorta new. We are doing the max they can hold, but she said they usually have done smaller weddings. We only have to pay $300 for the room rental and we have to use the vendors in the market for our food, which is fine because the vendors are great.

Everyone else's ideas are great too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys! You all have great idealsSmile
  • Options
    knichols0930knichols0930 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zen on 7 at Hotel Metro is a great location for a smaller group. My sister had her reception there and it was beautiful. There is a private room with a full bar and space to set up tables (I think for 50-60 people) and a large private balcony with outdoor seating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards