Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Receptions Inc. prices

Would anyone be willing to share what they paid per person for their reception at one of the Receptions places?  I have looked at a few other places, and I've heard that Receptions prices are very reasonable, and I would just like to know about how much I could be saving if I opted for a Receptions over somewhere else.  Of course I could make an appointment, but posting on a message board is a little easier. :)

Re: Receptions Inc. prices

• Options
    etouffeetouffe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would anyone be willing to share what they paid per person for their reception at one of the Receptions places?  I have looked at a few other places, and I've heard that Receptions prices are very reasonable, and I would just like to know about how much I could be saving if I opted for a Receptions over somewhere else.  Of course I could make an appointment, but posting on a message board is a little easier. :)
  • Options
    mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had them for my June 2009 wedding, it was a saturday. Had a buffet, I think it was like $29.95/person for dinner and that was the elegant buffet, with hot/cold appetizers (fruit, cheese, meatballs), an ice sculpture, and chocolate fountain. Then when we booked a special to get beer, wine and well drinks for $4/person.

I used the Receptions in Fairfield, they treated me like royalty that day, i didnt' have to do anything, no set up, no clean up; anything i wanted or needed they took care of, and for my immediate family (parents- inlaw parents). Their staff of Renee and Carrie were great too! They felt like close friends helping out and whenever I was there to pick things out they always remembered my name and that meant a lot.

The Elegant buffet might be changed around, but I know their details of it are online.
    i had no compliants or regrets. They also offered me to have my rehearsal dinner there for $14 a person and beer/wine for another $1 or $2 a person as well.

hope that helps!
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had my reception in Erlanger in November of 2009.  The packages have changed a bit, but I think the one closest to mine is the Premiere package.  We had a champagne cart, and my package ncluded butler-passed appetizers in addition to the fruit, cheese, meatballs, etc.  We had the chocolate fountain, too, and the strawberries were included (now they charge for them, it appears).

I got the open bar thrown in for free--they were originally running a special for $2.09 per person for the open bar, or I think $1.09 for beer/wine only.  I also had a fourth side dish added to my buffet at no charge, so our meal was sirloin roast (which was very good--best carving item, IMO), one of the chicken dishes (picatta, I think), yukon gold mashed potatoes, asparagus with red pepper sauce, pasta pomodoro (their best pasta, again IMO!), and baby carrots.

They gave me the afternoon price for an evening reception because I used the smaller rooms--I guess most people must have bigger receptions than we did.  We paid I think $26 per person, and we had to guarantee 100 people (that's what we paid for, but we had fewer than that).  The total bill, with bartender fee and service charge was just under $3600.  I think I got a great deal, and I was very happy with how everything turned out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I wish I was paying $3 per person for bar!
    I'm using Wetherington Country Club. We are having a plated meal with a choice of prime rib  ($25pp) or lemon pepper chicken ($22pp). Beer/wine for 4 hours is $22 per person. Passed hors d'ouveres and a midnight snack of soft pretzels with cheese/mustard for dipping. Plus 20% gratuity and 6.5% tax comes to a total of $7800 for 115 people.
    It's not the cheapest place in town but I was sold on their customer service. Everywhere else we went was kind of tacky and I felt like I would be 'just another bride". I didn't want somewhere that mass produces weddings. I'm pleased with our decision. However, the decor in the space is very traditional and you can't put chair covers on the chairs since they have arms. But, I think the guests will feel really comfortable and taken care of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Woops, didn't read that post closely enough. I thought you were asking about all venues to have a reception, not the company Receptions. Sorry!

• Options
    dawnfraleydawnfraley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is booked for Receptions Fairfield and they do have very reasonable prices in my opinion.  I booked the Premeir Package and I'm paying $29.95/person since my wedding is in Feb.  The regular price on Saturday is $31.95 but this package includes set up & clean up, centerpieces, seat covers, linens, chocolate fountain, wine cart as guest arrive, salad & rolls served at the table, fruit & cheese tray, meatball appetizer, and then the choices for the buffet. 

They do have lower priced packages though!  I booked during a promotion at the end of last year to get beer, wine, & well included in the package so I'm not sure what the bar cost is regularly if that's something that you are looking in to. 

I have had several friends that had their receptions at the different locations and they never had anything bad to say!  I hope that helps a little!  Good luck in your search! 
  • Options
    dawnfraleydawnfraley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add....if you need any more info just let me know!  I still have the sheets from when I met with them in December!  :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards